Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Loved the Moody Blues. Attended one of their concerts back in the 70's.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Okay---RE: Moody Blues. Guess what? I see their talents as being strictly limited to a studio-produced music group. They're not the only ones; I've viewed numerous videos of various rock acts, where their music--even on a cheesy old 45 rpm record, sounds vastly better than live recordings of concert appearances! That concert thing is a whole different animal; almost a syndrome, if you ask me. After all, 'Fan" is derived from the word "fanatic", isn't it? But yeah---here's another littlebitty factoid: The Story In Your Eyes", is a 3-minute ditty. The first two minutes are really very fine. But, the last minute is extremely lame. Just racket. Like filler material. Generic noise. See? It wrecks it, for me. But, they extend that part of the song at concerts! See? Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee very much.

Okay----I know you kids are sitting there, watching made-for-TV mooo-Vees on the Lifetime channel, thinking that it's past time I posted some photos of my restoration project of my littlebitty backyard cottage. See--it will have some areas for my laboratory for brilliant(by 18th-century standards)engineering projects, and also additional living space for me & the catts. So yeah---It will have a large outdoor enclosure for them to roam like wild tigers, yet be safe and sound. Yup. But yeah---I've chosen the paint colors, I've chosen the exterior siding, and the color of the roofing materials. I acquired the carpeting several years ago, while driving past an ongoing office remodel on a weekend, and found some very nice pieces in the dumpster. Yup. Also, I've done a little concrete work, here and there. But, sorry---I won't be posting any photos just YET. I want it to be a surprise. Plus, I'm extremely short of time; running up and down a ladder all day, sawing boards, and so on. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee.

You are making an outdoor cat run? That will be nice for the cats.

Will your dogs bother them?

last night in the middle of the night our cat knocked everything off the fireplace mantle and made a huge racket which caused tons of barking. I was not at home I was in the city. Apparently a vote was taken in this house to send the cat to the garage to sleep at night due to this disruption, But because a vote to banish a household member has to be unanimous of three, the cat is not banished because I wasn’t there for the vote. When I got home I said I will not vote that way. He’s a cat and cats just misbehave, that’s who they are.

Okay---Right on, Lily! Irregardless of what they say, Catts can and do make good petts. See, I just got back online, after searching the how-to correct the provblem iof the text on your 'puter screen being at 90 degrees. See---catts jumped on it last evening--the keyboard--while I was listening to a collection of pipe organ tunes. But yeah--you have to press alt *& ctrl at the same time, and use the arrow key that points up. See? It's not realistic to believe you can have stuff on a mantle or countertop; catts will knock it off when you least expect it. But, I do have two giant dog crates stacked & set on a large HF furniture dolly, wirh litter pans & carboard boxes with towels and dishes, so if a particular cat needs a place to be by itself for awhile, that works well. Not like I keep 'em there long term. But yeah---having an ourdoor yard that is cat-proof is on the agenda. After all, if I can keep Huskees(one of the top stray-prone doggs) in spacious dog yards, It will be possible for catts. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Okay----Just wanted to warn you kids that these corny Americana "music" geezers will be appearing LIVE and in concert, at the old restored mooo-vvveee theater downtowm. Yup. Tickkits are "only" about $80-$125!! Unless I wanted to be bored and annoyed & waste $$$$ doing it, you'd never catch me there. Icckk. Hope that helps you some. 2022-09-22 (1).jpg

Okay--Here's a photo of a stripped car body---a 61 Plymouth---driven by Lee Petty at Daytona, back in 1961. But see--he and his nemesis, Johnny Beauchamp, from Iwah, collided at speed and went into the guard rail and airborne over the high embankment. Petty was seriously injured, and both cars demolished. But yeah---apperently, the 61 Plymouth is on display, somewhere. See photo. Hope that helps you some.2022-09-22 (4).jpg2022-09-22 (4).jpg

Okay---Hate to butt in on summa your other topics, but mine is VERY important. After my little feral yard kitten got over the incident of 3 or 4 weeks ago, and she was friends again, I did what I had intended to do, and that is to place her in a large dogg crate with her own box & water and food dish. See--like I said, she was a little thin, and not gaining. So, this way I can keep her dish full without another older cat cleaning it out. See? Well, it is working; she's already looking better. But, I am concerned that she doesn't have her littermates to play with, like my other kittens did. That seemed to help their development. Yup. But yeah---I'll see what else I can do.

Okay---yeah, what I'm doing is keeping the little bitty kitty crated, and feeding her and giving her attention every few hours. She seems to be responding. Several years ago, I was given a kitten <8 weeks that had been dropped off in a rest-o-rant parkin' lot, and one oi' the employees picked er up, and asked me to take er, since she was in a no-pets apartment. Well, I took that cat home, and plopped her down with a bunch of old cats, and other than a temporary flea problem, she's done well. But, yeah---this one needs extra work. But--she lived off the land, as a stray for a whole month, so she is tough enough. Strange. Anyway, I've got to check on 'er, right now.

Okay---More depressing news: I have not seen my step-cat, the Brown Tabby Male that used to come around almost every night at supper time. As I said, sometimes he eat a lot, other times, not more thsan a bite. He'd usually lounge around for awhile, then wander off. I never could figure out if he had a home; he wasn't inclined to stay here, for long. He surely wasn't feral. I called the neighbor who lives-- well---nearby. He said they had had a LOT of cats dumped by their place, and they put food out for them but didn't consider them their pets. Hmmm. He said the description of Mr T Brown did not fit any that they'd been feeding. Hmmm. But yeah--T Brown has apparently vanished, after months of catering to him. When he first came around, he was very wary.But, he became friendly. Anyway, there goes another one.n I don't think having an outdoor catt that roams is a good thing. Thatt's why--I'm gonna construct an outdoor cat yard, that willl keep them safe. Yup.

Thread Information