Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Okay--I have my part-time step-cat, who lives somewhere in the hood, and shows up out of nowhere at supper time, for a bite to eat. But see--it was raining last evening, so he missed it. But yeah---this cat is entertaining because he ambles at such a casual pace, and has such a meek little meow. He is in good condition. The other day, the two old girls were having supper, and they swatted him away. So, I waited until they were finished to give him his portion. Sometimes this cat will eat, mark his spot, and wander off to ???? Other times, he will climb up on my Suburban or Hund-eye, and lounge on the roof for up to an hour, before leaving. Yup. I still haven't taken the time to investigate, and see who "owns" him or where he calls home. Nope. But yeah--he's a broad-faced brown tabby neutered male. Prolly 5 yearsa old, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay--I have my part-time step-cat, who lives somewhere in the hood, and shows up out of nowhere at supper time, for a bite to eat. But see--it was raining last evening, so he missed it. But yeah---this cat is entertaining because he ambles at such a casual pace, and has such a meek little meow. He is in good condition. The other day, the two old girls were having supper, and they swatted him away. So, I waited until they were finished to give him his portion. Sometimes this cat will eat, mark his spot, and wander off to ???? Other times, he will climb up on my Suburban or Hund-eye, and lounge on the roof for up to an hour, before leaving. Yup. I still haven't taken the time to investigate, and see who "owns" him or where he calls home. Nope. But yeah--he's a broad-faced brown tabby neutered male. Prolly 5 yearsa old, or more.
    I am getting a brown tabby neutered male cat this Saturday. I just hope my dog doesn’t act like an idiot with him. If I gave you any particulars about this cat you’ll just be hateful towards me so I’m not gonna tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am getting a brown tabby neutered male cat this Saturday. I just hope my dog doesn’t act like an idiot with him. If I gave you any particulars about this cat you’ll just be hateful towards me so I’m not gonna tell you.
    Hoping they'll soon be besties! Do they have interspecies experience?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hoping they'll soon be besties! Do they have interspecies experience?
    This cat was raised with dogs.

It is my dog I’m worried about. Most bulldogs are calm with other animals and are not prey driven. But our dog is stupidly excitable about little animals. He cornered an opossum a few months ago, but DH said all he did was mouth the opossum a few times, he didn’t try to kill it. So that’s positive.

This cat has claws so he will need to hit the bulldog a couple of times with those sharp claws.

OK---I have a 66 Chevy I've had for um, 37 years. I don't drive it anywhere. I'm getting ready to update and upgrade it. Its sat inside in the same spot for many years. The paint is starting to get rusty spots, but not through, like salt rust in upper midwest cars. But yeah--I amuse myself working on the various coimponents. I'm in no hurry. Gas is expensive, traffic is murder, and so on. But, I've mentioned the stereotypical "Car Jock". What is it? Someone who derives ALL their fun from just gettibng ouyt there and DRIVING. They drive & eat, and drive home. One of my case studies involves a car jock who very recently purchased a very nice 66 Chevy, at a car dealership prolly 400 miles from his home! He's VERY proud of it, and has already started cruising it to car cruises, to show it off. This is not uncommon in I-wah, for spendy people to acquire a turnkey build. That way, they don't have to spend years getting dirty, rebuilding an old clunker, with car parts cluttering up their place and lowering property values. See? Anyway, I found a snapshot of that car being advertised by the dealer he purchased it from. Hope that helps you some. Sign on the dotted line, make your monthly payments, and drive-n-eat. The car jock lifestyle. Yup.2022-08-09 (1).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-10-22 at 1:14pm.

Iris, wishing the intro the best. We are having a fun time with our new addition to the tribe. Watched her playing with our big boy and they had a lot of fun. (girl cat still hates her but they will coexist.)

Well---My philosopy is---Cats make good pets. It's a lot better than living in a cave, with 1000's of bats flying around. Yup.

Okay--yesterday, I worked at a cats' pace. Ha. Casually & deliberately. Anyway, I am waiting on the adjustment sleeve for the drag link; I already have nice, clean safe, NEW ends, but needed the adjustment sleeve. I try 'n buy local, but Big O wanted well over $20 for one, and so I purchased one online for around $6, incl. shipping. Just gotta wait awhile. Also, I initially went local on a set of perfessional-grade R12 gauge to R134a port adaptors; $85! Nope. Online, a set for semi-pro grade adaptors: $10. So, I'm waiting on those, too. The guy I'm getting my assortment of studebaker engine "stuff" from is figuring what it will cost to ship the rest of the stuff, including the camshaft. I already have the followers and pushrods that he shipped, already. There are several places in the country where you can send camshafts & followers(lifters)to be re-profiled. This is essential part of refurbishing a Stude engine. Do you kids have a particular machine shop cam regrinding service you can recommend? But anyway, yeah---I re-adjusted the steering gear on my Suburban project, to remove some play, in it. Though some people just adjust the one on top, which snugs up the gear sector, there is another adjustment most people neglect, which removes play from the worm gear shaft. Yup. So, I did that, accordingly. Then, pulled the old master cylinder, so I can replace it, this afternoon. OPlus, I will pull the calipers & replace the seals and hoses and wire brush the steel lines & paint them. It's making progress. I may start the engine, so I can top off the transmission. Plus, some other stuff. I guess I coulda just drove to a nice, clean car dealership, picked out a clean late-model for $29,999, signed on the dotted line, and stopped for some yummy restaurant food, on the way home. Stupid me. Yup.

2022-08-10 (2).jpgOkay---Guess what? Dodge builds tough trucks. Yup. A young boy been sitting 3 years in a New Hampshire jail was found Not Guilty of murdering 7 Bikers in a collision with the Dodge Truck he was driving. See---the crash expert for the defense had determined what REALLY happened was that the lead motorcyclist had crossed the centerline on a curve, into the path of the Dodge truck the kid was driving darn close to the centerline, pulling an unloaded flatbed gooseneck trailer. Yup. The murdercyle impact caused the left front weel(of the Dodge) to cock sharply, and the truck to jacknife and veer into the oncoming lane, and strike the other motorcylists following closely behind, one by one. It happened quicky, and I suppose you cannot casually judge the accident photos and assess what happened. The Media wanted SO badly for the Mob Mentality to prevail in favor of a conviction for the cold-blooded murder of them motorcyclists, by an immigrant punk on drugs who shouldn't have been driving. But yeah---reality is, you've gotta believe the science, and not the politics. I guess. Here's a photo of the crash scene. There's now a memorial further down the road, at the tourist motel where the motorcyclists were staying. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Iris, wishing the intro the best. We are having a fun time with our new addition to the tribe. Watched her playing with our big boy and they had a lot of fun. (girl cat still hates her but they will coexist.)
    I’ll let you know how it goes. This cat sounds like a big confident boy cat who won’t put up with crap from dogs, so I hope that’s what he is.

Thread Information