Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Okay----the old into-the-wild bus was pulled from it's spot(since 1961) on a remote trail up in the middle o' nowhere, and moved back to Fairbanks. Yup. This unsightly eyesore that would normally lower property values, is now a sight for sore eyes to tourists who are very(xxx44444) fanatical about the Mooo-Vvveee they sat-n-watched about the kid who ended up camping in it until he died. It's like a shrine, to them. But yeah---I lifted this photo from a 24-7 webcam focused on this thing. It would be really nice if old, junk cars and other rusty stuff could all be respected & treated with such reverence. Well, why not? Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.2022-09-09 (2).jpg

Okay---reason I have not been posting much here lately is not because I don't like you kids. No. While it's true I don't like summa you too well, the real reason is I been busy on a rehab project of my old Backyard Cottage. See---I essentially abandoned it in 2009, using it only for dog washing and then storage. Well, the roof leaked, more and more, causing some water damage. This year, I looked at it, and determined that it was now or never, to fix 'er up. Noooooo, I did not hire an architect and then give some contractor carte blanche at the building supply stores and go shopping for all new "stuff" to put in there. The water heater is a gently used one I picked up at the school district. The shelving units came from the local state U. They have a faux oak finish. I am chairman of the restoration committee, too. But yeah--it's coming right along. Hope that helps you some. Thank mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 9-14-22 at 3:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---reason I have not been posting much here lately is not because I don't like you kids. No. While it's true I don't like summa you too well, the real reason is I been busy on a rehab project of my old Backyard Cottage. See---I essentially abandoned it in 2009, using it only for dog washing and then storage. Well, the roof leaked, more and more, causing some water damage. This year, I looked at it, and determined that it was now or never, to fix 'er up. Noooooo, I did not hire an architect and then give some contractor carte blanche at the building supply stores and go shopping for all new "stuff" to put in there. The water heater is a gently used one I picked up at the school district. The shelving units came from the local state U. They have a faux oak finish. I am chairman of the restoration committee, too. But yeah--it's coming right along. Hope that helps you some. Thank mee.
    We always love to see pictures of restoration projects.

Okay----Yes, Yes, of course, RR! Lots and lots of photos. I will post them, as time goes on. But yeah---speaking of photos, I'm in the process of setting up security cams on the property, to protect my investments. As you already know, crime--property theft---runs rampant here. I intend to curb the epidemic. Anyway, here's a few design ideas I got off the 'net. I figured I'd submit a couple for your perusal. Yup. Thankk Mee.2022-09-16.jpg2022-09-16 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay----Yes, Yes, of course, RR! Lots and lots of photos. I will post them, as time goes on. But yeah---speaking of photos, I'm in the process of setting up security cams on the property, to protect my investments. As you already know, crime--property theft---runs rampant here. I intend to curb the epidemic. Anyway, here's a few design ideas I got off the 'net. I figured I'd submit a couple for your perusal. Yup. Thankk Mee.2022-09-16.jpg2022-09-16 (1).jpg
    The first one looks very cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The first one looks very cozy.
    Yes, Cozy is one of the key elements. That's why, for the Family Room Area, I'm bringing the attic insulation up to R-38 specs. Yup. That way, it's nice n' cozy. Yes, the other areas will have somewhat less insulation, but I don't intend to heat it/cool it, round the clock. See?

Okay---Cat Update. You remember that kitten that was at-large on the property for a whole month, before I could gain her confidence, grab her & get her inside the confines of the house, so I could socialize her & fatten her up? Well, initially---she hid. Then after a week, she was approachable. I'd pick her up and give her some catts' attention. But, one Saturday morning, I was in a hurry, and I picked her up in haste, and this other girl kitty was annoyed, and she bit the baby on the leg, and the baby then bit n' scratched me, in a mistsaken case of self-defense. This all happened in a heartbeat. So, what happened was, the baby went into feral mode again, and eluded capture in the house for several more weeks, only coming out for food at a distance. See? But I figured: start over, let her get over it, just as I will get over the scratches on my hand. But yeah---the last few days, she has been not only eating well, but soliciting attention from littlebittymee! Aren't I lucky? Thing is--I have cause for some concern, because she is not growing much. I've got the nutri-cal supplement, and I mix it with canned, so she'll get max calories & get in condition. I plan to enter her in the Annual HBCC catt show, as a contender in the Rescued Feral Kitten Category. Yup. I'll post another photo, pretty soon. Thankk Mee. Edited to add: Catts, are like demmacratz; they think they want freedom, but really---truth be known---they want and need to be catered to, from cradle-to-grave.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 9-16-22 at 9:40pm.

Okay----News. It's old, but relevant to what I was relating to you kids awhile ago. But yeah--Spokanistan can boast of more scuzzballs than anywhere! Here's a clipping. Thank mee.2022-09-16 (10).jpg

Okay---Another addendum to what I've discussed before. I'm including an old photos of two girls being photographed with Justin of the Moody Blues, a British Prog Rock group of the late-60's-early 70's, and fairly successful. You kids don't remember them---you're all waaaay too young! Ha. But anyways---their music sounded pretty good on the stereo, playing studio-produced music, while you partied and spaced out. Yup. But see---the girl on the left in the photo was a fanatic about this band, and even went so far as to waste time and money on a ticket to one or more of their concerts! Look at her immodest groupie bare midriff, and her loony demeanor! She made a lot of bad decisions in her life, and the sad fact is--she died young---and fat, as well. Anyway--I greatly prefer studio arranged & recorded music, and spare myself the ticket prices, driving and crowds. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee.2022-09-16 (19).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 9-17-22 at 5:54am.

I never cared for the Moody Blues. I always thought they sounded kind of whiny and moaning. I guess their name suited them well. "Nights in White Satin" is the worst.

Thread Information