Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Looky----I put these on my old white bike(w/12 speed)I showed you kids awhile back. I had these stored away in a plastic tub with other mostly useless bike parts; I don't even recall when/where I acquired them. But, they're a good brand, and even though they require getting used to, are very beneficial. Put summa these on your Brompton EBike. Ha. How do you like that? 2022-05-13 (11).jpgEdited to add: I'm taking these back off, to use them on another bike. Yup. See---these won't quite clamp securely on the bars on the white bike, due to the larger dia iof the center section of the bars; they sit right on the tapered places on either side, and that won't hold it. So, they'll go on another one, and I will use the separate L/R clip-on bars. Yup. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 5-14-22 at 11:54am.

Okay---I'm kind of artsy-fartsy, like summa you kids. But, not to an extreme degree, either. Here's a photo I took a year or two ago. I went to the wreckin' yard, on a cold-drizzly day, in my white car(shown), which was one of THE cheapest new cars you could buy. But, the white car was one I picked up at the wreckin' yard; the previous consumer purchased it nice and NEW---"drove it till the weelz fell off", then "traded" it(got screwed) in on a nice, NEW car. To make the story longer, her husband, who was awarded a medal for being such a great mechanic in the military, failed to change the timing belt, and it subsequently caused the engine to stop running. Prolly was too busy mowing. BTW--Support Your Troops. Ha.
    See? But, back to my VERY interesting story(where was I?)um--I went to the wreckin' yard and pulled a Geo Metro motor out, in the rain, and loaded it in the back of my white car. Yup. Here's a photo. Isn't that artistic? Hope that helps you some. Hitler, was first and foremost, an artist. Yup. So, don't be like Hitler. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.2022-05-14 (1).jpgAttachment 4476

Okay----saw this online. Courtesy Babylon Bee. For educational purposes only. Hope that helps you some.2022-05-14 (2).jpg2022-05-14 (2).jpg2022-05-14 (2).jpg2022-05-14 (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I'm kind of artsy-fartsy, like summa you kids. But, not to an extreme degree, either. Here's a photo I took a year or two ago. I went to the wreckin' yard, on a cold-drizzly day, in my white car(shown), which was one of THE cheapest new cars you could buy. But, the white car was one I picked up at the wreckin' yard; the previous consumer purchased it nice and NEW---"drove it till the weelz fell off", then "traded" it(got screwed) in on a nice, NEW car. To make the story longer, her husband, who was awarded a medal for being such a great mechanic in the military, failed to change the timing belt, and it subsequently caused the engine to stop running. Prolly was too busy mowing. BTW--Support Your Troops. Ha.
    See? But, back to my VERY interesting story(where was I?)um--I went to the wreckin' yard and pulled a Geo Metro motor out, in the rain, and loaded it in the back of my white car. Yup. Here's a photo. Isn't that artistic? Hope that helps you some. Hitler, was first and foremost, an artist. Yup. So, don't be like Hitler. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.2022-05-14 (1).jpgAttachment 4476
    You could launch a new hobby as a sculptor:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1134107...oaAoMeEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    You could launch a new hobby as a sculptor:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1134107...oaAoMeEALw_wcB
    Okay---Thanks for the input, R/R! That said, I am working on a response about my views on being Artsy-fartsy, that won't arouse more than the usual amount of controversy. Because, as you know---I'm ALWAYS wrong, and nothing but a trollbermaker, around here. So, yeah---I'm choosing my words c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y for my essay on the subject. But, here's a delightful preview: The local city Art Museum money pit had some "prints"(IOW--soup-can posters)of Andy Warhols "art" just vanish, a few years ago. They weren't even on display, but kept in storage. And then--poof! , just gone. But, so newsworthy was this, that the loccal "newspaper" had at least 3-4 pages of coverage, on the situation. Then, awhile later, after the 'surance compney paid out some ridiculous amount for the "loss" of those stupid posters(like in the 100's of thousands), the 'seum blew the money---("pissed it away", as they so eloquently say waaaay up in a littlebitty town in the middle o' nowhere)on some hideous artsy-fartsy trash by some bro from up in Saint Louis! They showed a news photo of a local Dad & his young Daughter looking at the newly acquired "artwork" by this bro, and their expressions were priceless. Ha. You could add the caption: "My 3rd grader can do better than THAT!", and it would be totally accurate. Yup. It all goes along with the artsyfartsification o' Zurra's 3rd-largest sitty. Yup. There's more, but I have to deal with projects in progress, before it rains. To be continued. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 5-15-22 at 4:29pm.

Okay----Guess what? Well----and this is VERY important---I learned just today that in 1980, the music group I have mentioned before named "A Taste of Honey"---the one-hit wonders that sang "Boogie Oogie Oogie", ALSO recorded the song that was a HUGE hit for Kyu Sakamoto, referred to as "Sukiyaki'. But yeah--they recorded it---with English lyrics--and performed it on the tEE-vEE show that was called "Soul Train". Yup. That being said---their rendition was not a big hit. Nope. But, it IS interesting. I didn't know it, until today. Hope that helps you kids too. Oh, hey---how mannya you kids sit n' watch old episodes of the Bob Ross Show or whatever they call it? You know what I mean---where he cranks out a brilliant landscape masterpiece, inside of half an hour? Yup. That's why I don't think any painting or whatever is worth more'n $50 bucks. Hitler--he was an artist in Vienna, and it said he was living on the streets. See, he couldn't make it. He had to take a career path of becoming an arguably Great Leader, to put food on the table, a roof over his head, a wummun by his side(which takes a LOTTA dough), clothes on his back, shoes on his feet, a car in the garage(VW's, Porsche's, 'Cedes, BMW's, Audi's, etc), and a HUGE fierce Wehrmacht, with Tanks, and Unterseebootens, to try and make his neighbors see things his way. Yup. But, that's a story for another time. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 5-16-22 at 9:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If memory serves, it was about 25 yards behind me when I took this picture. Not just the general location, but the very spot.

Somewhere to the left of this one, taken several years earlier than the one above.

Hope that helps you some.
    Oh hey looky---Alan managed to get a photo of Au/Uk singer Leo Sayer, in Londumb doing touristy things! Awesome & Amayzeen. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Oh hey looky---Alan managed to get a photo of Au/Uk singer Leo Sayer, in Londumb doing touristy things! Awesome & Amayzeen. Yup.
    When we were younger he did look a little like me. He tried to hide it behind clown makeup for a bit but then decided to just embrace it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Okay---Leo was prolly a 3-hit Wonder; maybe 2 1/2. The first two hits were 'stremely annoying & overplayed on the radio. One o' the kids at the shop did a hilarious---well, kinda funny---mimic of the Dancin' one. The only one that even counted as listenable music, according to me, was the cover of the old 1959 Crickets-minus-Buddy Holly song, the much-covered "More than I can say". Hope that helps you kids. Thankk Mee. Alan, if youd'a gotten his autograph, just think how much that thing would be worth, now! Yup.

Okay---the inexpensive used pedals for my Felt pawn shop bike, arrived from Co. The Denver area is a gold mine for used bike parts, and shipping is quick from there to here. Yup. But yeah---the pedals are single-sided clipless, with low wear, for pedals. Prolly somebody changed them out for more higher end double-sided pedals, cause single-sided can be frustrating to use, especially in town. But, this is not an in-town bike. I have a more-better(Ha) set that I bought a couple years ago, for about the same price to put on the white bike. Those were a good deal, but did have some usage, and required some tinkering to get them functioning properly. But, that was a good deal, anyway. Anyway, these'll suffice, to get this bike roadable. I also ordered a nice & cheap set of matching chainrings 53/39t, coming out of china. So it'll prolly be awhile. But yeah---they'll work fine, for me. The large ring on my "new" bike has a worn large chainring. This also means I'll need a chain, as well, but I may have one with very low usage, around here. The Felt would be great for the paved back roads of central i-wah, but kind of useless, around here. There are local routes established, though, that it would work on, but they're some driving distance away. See? Oh yeah---you know what the Cool People here do, that makes them so cool? They are heavily into "Gravel biking" which is like mountain biking, without mountains. Ha. Since there are NO unpaved roads(except trails)in this county, they must haul their bikes to neighboring counties, to ride on "gravel", which has ruts, and rocks the size of your fist & hill people driving those 'normous monster trucks, passing you! Coool. Gnarly, dude! Maybe they'll even blow some diesel smoke on you, if your lucky! Ha. But, yeah---that's what the Cool People do, to be trendy, now. Now that the infrastructure & driver acceptance is in place HERE, road-biking is passe'/old skool, only done by old guys like mee, and they(Cool People) must buy a dedicated "Gravel Bike", and travel-to-the-gravel. See what I mean? Maximize Consumption, is the plan, for Cool People. Get a plastic(carbon fiber)gravel bike, and destroy it within a year or two, riding/crashing on gravel. And mud. In rain. Repeat by Upgrading. Then, move on to the next trend. See? Hope that helps you some.

Thread Information