Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

Okay--here's another Household Hint RE: Pets. I've been doing research and experimenting with using wood pellets for pellet stoves as cat litter, during the heating season. At first the test subjects(random cats) were skeptical & wary. But, they caught on. Wood Pellets and unscented cat litter are priced about the same--not quite the same, but close. What I do is dispose of the used pellets in the wood heating stove, droppings and all. Heating season is 5 months m/l, so this should result in a saving$. Plus, no need to dispose of used litter, other than dumping the ashes on the compost heap with leaves and stuff. Hope thatt helps you kids some. Thankk Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I can’t imagine liking eggs enough to be willing to live with chickens.
    Yeah, I agree. Especially if they are indoor chickins. Outdoor might be tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Especially if they are indoor chickins. Outdoor might be tolerable.
    A relative had a dozen or so--all different breeds--outdoors in a rather luxurious coop. It seemed to work out pretty well.

Yppej
    Apathetic, That's good you should ask, about eggs/Pizza. . Thank you for your inquiry. See--in 2015 on the huge bike ride, we rolled into Decorah, I-wah. Several of my ancestors lived there, a century ago. They were Norwegians, not Neanderthals, FYI. Same difference, though.
    Ha. Anyway, I-wah is a very weird place. They had a Pizza Hut that was open way before noon, when I rolled in. It said "Breakfast Buffet $xxxx. " So, I said to myself "why not". Well, all of the Pizza on the buffet was piled HIGH with scrammmled egggs and very greasy sausage and ooey-gooey CHEESE. I am surpised they didn't have pickled herring topped pizza.
    I hate to waste food, and it's too bad I didn't bring the huskees along, but I ate about 3/4 of a slice before my stomach started turning. They also have a I-wah chain called "Pizza Ranch", in every little burg, and their product is similarly bad & potentially lethal. See? Don't say I didn't warn you. If you go on that bike ride, don't go for the food! Bring your own.
    To be continued on this subject...........Any questions?
    How about eggs on Hawaiian pizza? Hawaii is a great destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    As long as there isn't any pineapple or spam on it.

2022-02-28 (3).jpg Tiny House in Anchorage, Ak. It is across the street from the apartment building I lived in. I have a photo of it, taken from my upstairs window with a Polaroid at about 1 A.M in the Summer of 1969, around here. That fence wasn't there, but it's much the same. I tried to find a zillow or Trulia listing, but none appeared. Just curious, because home prices are like a bad dream, there.

2022-02-28 (4).jpg2022-02-28 (4).jpg2022-02-28 (3).jpg Tiny House in Anchorage, Ak. It is across the street from the apartment building I lived in. I have a photo of it, taken from my upstairs window with a Polaroid at about 1 A.M in the Summer of 1969, around here. That fence wasn't there, but it's much the same. I tried to find a zillow or Trulia listing, but none appeared. Just curious, because home prices are like a bad dream, there. I've got two of the front view there, because I couldn't delete it. The apartment building in the background was built a year or two after the massive 1964 Earthquake, and probably that tiny house was, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

Tiny House in Anchorage, Ak. It is across the street from the apartment building I lived in.
    I think I know that area, it's out near the airport isn't it, maybe a little closer to Chilkoot Charlie's in Spenard?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I wouldn’t even want to be coop-adjacent.

Thread Information