Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Important Subjects

I'm sorry to hear about Mr. T Brown. I agree that outdoor living is not good for cats. Their hunting instincts lead them to decimate the local wildlife populations, and they in turn are too often meals for coyotes, not to mention the danger of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about Mr. T Brown. I agree that outdoor living is not good for cats. Their hunting instincts lead them to decimate the local wildlife populations, and they in turn are too often meals for coyotes, not to mention the danger of cars.
    Yeah, me too. I would've given T. Brown a home, if he'da stuck around.

Okay----Guess what? I opened the front door, and saw my two old girl cats on the porch & anmother catt---that just happened to bee T. Brown! Yup. Well, IO closed the door to go grab a can o' kitty yum-yums, and went back out, and set the yums down, and the two old girls & T Brown begin their yummy catt supper. Well, the old girls began eating, but T. Brown just sniffed at it, while I gave him a cats' pat. But he didn't join in the feast. He's looking pretty good & well nourished. He didn't stay for more'n a couple minutes; just wandered off toward the west. As I said before, I have no clue where he calls home. He's almost like a Ghost Catt. Once he leaves my place, he just seems to vanish. But, I'm glad to know he's still around. Hope that helps you some, too.

So nice to hear all the "visitors" are still around a visiting!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So nice to hear all the "visitors" are still around a visiting!
    Yup. I was not happy that T had disappeared for almost two weeks.

I'm glad to hear that he is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm glad to hear that he is alive and well.
    Yes.He came by this evening while I fed the old girls, and sniffed by did not eat. Instead he got on the roof of my car and stretched out. Yawn. I still have no idea where that kitty boy calls home.

Okay---am making progress on my rehab of my backyard cottage. But, stopped for several days. Resumed by cleaning up debris from tear-offs. Each week, my garbage cart is full of debris. But yeah--I still have work to do on closing it up, to keep out weather when rain comes. Also, some of everything else. Yup. Also, I pieced together a usable front chrome bumper with guards, using parts from a wreckin' yard bumper that was damaged and the guards and brackets from my old bumper. Not new, but good enough. See--the prior owner of my Burban had run into trees and stumps, etc., on his acreage. So yeah---it will be lots better than before. Not new, but serviceable. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Okay---Remember the kitten that apparently was dumped here, last summer? She was at-large for a full month, and evaded me until she finally let me catch her, when she came to the porch to eat. She was very thin, for awhile. After I caught her, I put her in the spare room, and she was still very skittish and shy, but I finally caught her again and placed her in a large dog crate, so I could feed her more, with having to compete with the other cat. Fast forward, and she's gained a lot of weight, and she is now my little buddy. Yup. I take her out of the crate after I feed her, and let her explore and play. But yeah---it is quite a change from her former ways. I've got a syringe & vaccine; just waiting to get her fully confident, before I jab her with it. But yeah--She's evidently one hardy cat by nature, based on her survival outside like that. Hope that helps you kids some. Thank mee. See Photo.2022-10-07 (2).jpg

Okay---had to make provision for an outdoor security light on my BY Cottage. See--it had a porch light fixture next to the entrance, but the incandescent bulbs would not last, due to the door opening and closing, I guess. So, I removed the light altogether, and ran cable from the switch up into the front gable of the cottage, to control the security light. This involved getting up on a ladder, drilling the hole with a hole saw & feeeding the cable through, etc.,etc. Simple, but time-consuming. Wish me luckk. Hope that helps you some.

Thread Information