Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Purge

March Purge

Hi Everybody,

My eleven-year-old announced about a year ago she was ready to get rid of her "little kid stuff," meaning, among other things, her dress-up rack, play stove, and toddler art table. Yesterday, we drove them an hour north to pass on to her cousin who is a kindergarten teacher who can use them in her classroom. We also gave her cousin about 12 other items - dress up clothes, pots and pans, a few books.

It was a bittersweet letting go, but frees up a lot of space in our house!

Total for month so far: 15.

Google has been saving the contact of every person I have ever emailed so I am cleaning these up, deleting 100 at a time. Some I keep since that enables the whole email to come up when I type the first few letters.

Good going, EJ. You must feel good passing them to someone who you know will get good use from them.

Jeppy: I've never even looked at my contact list, but I've been trying to do a better job of keeping my inbox clean. Sounds like you're doing well with your electronic clutter.

I hauled away a bag of miscellaneous donatable items for Savers and a bag of recyclables from Mom's house.

I spent a satisfying morning one day last week attacking some of the clutter hubs in my own house. You know, the places where you put things like a screw, a paper clip, all those little things that aren't really worth the trip to put them in their rightful repositories, assuming they have a rightful repository, which is another issue of course. Lots of little bits and pieces got tossed. I bought some attractive baskets at TJ Maxx, and the stuff that was allowed to stay is much neater and more organized.

I decluttered some Spring/Easter decor which was very hard for me considering I am a seasonal decor addict. Even have an Instagram account chronicling my love of seasonal decor. But I bought some new stuff so it was time to get rid of some other stuff.

It sounds like we're all making good progress!

I gave away two more pieces of furniture yesterday on Craigslist.

New total for month: 17.

I got rid of a rusty pocket knife and a wooden jewelry box. And a lot of duplicate pictures and two photo albums that were doing a number on the pictures. I had to switch systems but finally arrived at one that works and does not degrade the photos.

6 bags to St. Vinnies today - mostly clothes and a few knick knacks. A couple of things my dw wanted to "double check" with our dd who lives nearby. I said that time has past, we have asked her numerous times to claim her stuff, she has been married for 18 months, we are no longer her storage locker. One of the spare bedroom walk in closets looks much better - clothes wise, still lots of stuff. Like there is a whole shelf of games. I can assure you, we are not playing any of those again. If on the rare chance we have a game night, it is normally some new game that someone purchased. But that is another day. For the most part dw was really into it and I didn't want to break the momentum - if you get my drift!!

Copies of articles I made for Board of Health meetings. Most of the time I had extras. Then there was the meeting when close to a hundred people showed up and more called in via Zoom

Emails to people inviting them to attend BOH meetings. Any correspondence with the BOH I must preserve until after the discrimination case is resolved.

Cleaned out the side of the living room husband is using for his home office. Told him he had a week to deal with it and if he didn't I would. Don't think he would appreciate the outcome. Couple of hours and three trash bags later, the area is clean. Books listed on the buy nothing group.

Took 26 books to a used bookstore in my neighborhood that has managed to survive the pandemic. They do buy books from people, but a couple of years ago, I just started donating to them. I never made too much when they bought my books anyway, and it feels good to support a small business.

New total for month: 43.

Thread Information