View Poll Results: Do you like corporate messages of cheer and positivity?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

11 84.62%
  • Depends…maybe

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like this type of compliment?

Do you like this type of compliment?

Today on Nextdoor a neighbor gushed about the written message she received in her Chic-FIL-a sandwich bag. It was a printed message in handwritten style saying something like “You are great! We like you!”

I sign in to a service I pay for and upon each signin I get messages like the one today, and the one yesterday:

“You make an impact!” And “Your smile lights up the room!”

I find these messages so irritating that I’ve almost written to the service to say please invent a way that I can turn them off. I consider them insincere corporate gibberish. But until today I had never met a human who admitted they liked the messages and found them cheering.

So that is what this poll is about — do you like these messages or no? I plan to make it anonymous so that those of you who like the messages can admit it. Just admit it. Fess up.

I sometimes feel something vaguely positive about them when it's a small business I have patronized. Strictly large corporations though, it's mostly very annoying.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I sometimes feel something vaguely positive about them when it's a small business I have patronized. Strictly large corporations though, it's mostly very annoying.
    I am shocked that you of all people can find anything positive at any time in these messages.

Now if Jane comes on here and answers “yes” Imma gonna check to see which planet beamed me up today.

Nope, insincere corporate BS.

I get really irritated when messages from an obvious business start out with my first name. I also do not like them when it is such an obvious marketing ploy probably developed by the team or consultants to try and earn their fee. A note from a local business is fine but not if it is computer generated. Also fine to add it to the end of an email so I dont have to see it if I dont care about the email.

Seems I am in a negative mood today.

No it’s phony!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am shocked that you of all people can find anything positive at any time in these messages.

Now if Jane comes on here and answers “yes” Imma gonna check to see which planet beamed me up today.
    Haha! Mine was a resounding "No!" If some bot told me my smile lights up a room, I would probably literally die laughing. Isn't that what they always say about murder victims?

Explicit location language, NO........

However companies want you to feel like:

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Explicit location language, NO........

However companies want you to feel like:
    Yuck!!!!!!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

You need an additional choice, "neither like nor dislike." Personally they don't bother me nor do they make my day. I know what they are so...whatever. I try not to let that kind of stuff ruin my moment or day.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information