Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Containers!

I used to carry a plastic container or two in my car for takeout food from restaurant leftovers. But since Covid we don’t eat out that much so I haven’t done that in a while.

I do buy deli food often, but I use and reuse and reuse those containers.

The upper scale restaurants here for takeout use cardboard to make their aware customers happy, but it seems the third world cuisine places all use styrofoam

This is a bit far afield from clamshells, but it covers all the bases:

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...PBdcg0ZfTOoOBQ

It reminded me of Ed Begley and his long-suffering wife.

My Dh is the wife and I am the crazy one.

my Dd says that thanks to being raised by me and my heartdaughter (who is deeply involved in social justice) she “can never really enjoy anything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

my Dd says that thanks to being raised by me and my heartdaughter (who is deeply involved in social justice) she “can never really enjoy anything.”
    well mom, your job is done. Thoroughly and excellently!

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

That's kind of my take on fanatics of whatever stripe--they can suck the joy out of life itself. My mother used to suggest Ralph Nader would be a good match for me. Bwahaha! Maybe she secretly hated me...

EVERYTHING is plastic. It's cheaper.

Our county refuse and recycling department recently posted on its facebook page a reminder that plastic clamshell containers are not recyclable, even if they have the 1, 2 or 5 designation. I hadn't realized it before. I like to buy spring mix salad, but it comes in the clamshells. Ugh.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

A very large part of the trash piles generated by the homeless people in their urban camps is actually packaging from the restaurant food that well-meaning folks donate. I keep suggesting that they need to take away a bag of trash every time they deliver more food… so far, no one seems to like my suggestion.

mschrisgo2 that is an excellent idea.

Little story: I remember back in 1991 when we went to India, they were starting to have issues with plastic. Previously the tea sellers used clay cups to serve. When done, you threw them on the ground and they disintegrated back to earth. Kept whole villages employed making the cups and there was no residual trash or need to wash.

When plastic cups came in, the whole system disintegrated. And plastic single use bags caused even more problems. Previously, mesh cord bags, woven baskets, fabric, etc. were used to carry things. They were reusable. Then the bags came and with them the problems of disposal and animals eating (due to food smell or taste). The plastic bags were flying around cities, villages, and the desert. Found the same thing in Egypt.

Thread Information