Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: iPhone/Apple vs Android/Google - friendly debate

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I think you’re going to need to get over this. I’ve been banking on a smartphone since 2008 when I got my first iPhone. No issues ever. Don’t use public wifi. Either use your internet at home or mobile data. Not clicking on weird emails or texts goes a long way. Just like on your computer.

Probably the biggest concern is losing ones cell phone. That is less likely with a computer at home.

Now I don't think they still make/sell Windows phones, and Android (linux kernel) and Mac (bsd kernel) are sister OS's. You pretty much can compile from one for the other.

The phone isn’t wide open. There are fingerprint or facial recognition to unlock it. PIN, too.

With iPhones and the Find My IPhone function, you can remotely disable it if you sign into iCloud online and the phone can be pinged b

I believe you can also wipe the iphone remotely if it is stolen. And if you really want to be cautious you can set it to erase itself after ten failed passcode attempts. (But make sure you have it backing up to iCloud so that you don’t lose data if that happens. )

Thread Information