Thread: Windows 11

Windows 11

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 11 yet? Upside? Downside?

I'm always reluctant (awaiting bug fixes) to upgrade, but they wear me down with their "reminders."
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I upgraded my laptop to Win 11 a couple of months ago. My honest opinion is that other than a few visual changes it's Win 10 all over again. I was looking forward to the upgrade but ended up being disappointed with the result. (Perhaps disappointed is too strong a word, make that disenchanted.)

I haven't found any reason to upgrade my Win 10 desktop as well since Microsoft will continue to provide security updates for another 4 years or so, maybe someday but even geeky me can't come up with a compelling reason to do so just because I can.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have Windows 11 running on my MacBook Pro, and it is different in look-and-feel from Windows 10, which irritates me.

It does however run my needed Windows applications just fine.

I wouldn't bother with it, yet, unless I needed it.

I did the changeover and the difference seems minimal to me.

Read about issues with gaming. I haven't done that in quite a few years. Three work computers are running Windows 10, and one won't qualify for the "upgrade". One of the co-owners is an IT guy for an investment company. I believe he said on anything not new/already with it, their plans are to wait 2 years for things to stabilize.

Remember when things said Windows (version) or better. I choose the better part and have been happy with Linux.

I replaced my 8ish year old laptop last fall with a new desktop a little sooner than planned partly because I didn't want to be forced into windows 11. I don't know enough about it to have a strong opinion but I do know that I like 10 just fine so I wanted to start with that and then be able to make a choice later on. Eventually I'll probably switch but I don't see the point currently and will probably wait until microsoft stops supporting 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I replaced my 8ish year old laptop last fall with a new desktop a little sooner than planned partly because I didn't want to be forced into windows 11. I don't know enough about it to have a strong opinion but I do know that I like 10 just fine so I wanted to start with that and then be able to make a choice later on. Eventually I'll probably switch but I don't see the point currently and will probably wait until microsoft stops supporting 10.
    \

That's kinda the direction I'm leaning. My laptop's only a couple years old.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Okay--I would like to downgrade to Windows 1, or less. See---I am against so-called "progress", in most cases. It's just a way people in tech can feel superior to the rest of us, because we don't get it, right away. See? Hope tht heelps you kids some. Thankk Mee.

I am still wallowing in Windows 7 hell here, but Iím moving everything over to a Mac. Mac world, here I come.
    they stop securing Windows 7 this fall.

Also, my old Iphone 6 SE ends this fall.

My computer- bought 2018- isn't able to get Windows 11..so I'll just keep it til they stop servicing it. I don't stream or game play- mainly internet and writing. I'm always wary of UPDATES.

Thread Information