Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That Didn't Last Long.....

Rob, don't feel too badly. If nothing else, 1- you learned something; 2- no loss; 3-you gave all of us a warning to heed.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Keep things as they are. This is too long to wait for a debit card - especially when so many competitors issue one immediately. I could have worked with that but being lied to by this bank today burned the bridge. Rob
    I agree. Some banks give you a debit card on the spot when you open the account. I don't really think being inefficient has a place in today's marketplace. Too many companies really have it buttoned down.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don’t think having to switch banks for poor service is an indictment of capitalism. I think it shows the strength of a system that punishes incompetence. You were able to send a market signal. I think your situation also shows the need to consider tradeoffs. Perhaps the institution that offers superior interest rates and low costs does so at the expense of prompt service.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Rob, don't feel too badly. If nothing else, 1- you learned something; 2- no loss; 3-you gave all of us a warning to heed.
    Curious, what exactly is the warning here?

Yesterday we got an invoice for marble countertop, an invoice I had paid by check and mailed more than a month ago. We looked at our account to see this check was cashed 2/18/2022.

I guess I should storm in to Graniterra and make a Big Hairy Deal about their capitalist greed in trying to collect double payment, rip the marble off the counter, and throw it in their face! And have DH drive out to the country to cut down trees to plane planks for a wood counter top.

yeah, I think I will do that. Not.

all of this said, it is bad service of that bank to not immediately issue a debit card to Rob, assuming all of the security issues are resolved, because that enables Rob to spend more money and utilize bank services more widely. Ca ching ca ching dor them.

Well I feel warned about getting involved with one of those types of banks. No thanks.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is very annoying and I would certainly be steamed by it. But I wouldn’t consider it an indictment of the evil capitalist world of for-profit banks. But whatever Rob, you do you.
    LOL As I always do. Thank You, IL. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Well I feel warned about getting involved with one of those types of banks. No thanks.
    Thank You, KayLR. Yep. However long I'm around going forward I personally will be banking with non-profit credit unions. This experience for me sealed that deal. I'm grateful anyone learns anything from my middle aged drivel lol. Rob

Update: Came home today to find a cashier's check in the full amount that I opened the account with in my mail. So - nothing was lost other than any hope of faith in for profit banks.

And in the interim several days no debit card arrived from this bank. I don't get it but at least this is over. Rob

Thread Information