Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Challenge

Yppej

Spring Challenge

Looks like we all did a lot with winter challenge. Spring starts Sunday.

On my list:

1. Go skydiving
    2. Clean up the yard mainly of leaves
    3. Plant herbs
    4. Clean the windows
    5. Celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary
    6. Hike at least once a month
    7. Lose another 5 pounds (I am down 5 from my peak)
    8. Check out the library in a town in New Hampshire I might want to move to someday
    9. Engage in civic activities - possibly volunteering for a congressional candidate, possibly getting involved with a group opposing vaccine mandates

Congrats on the weight loss!

Pick up anything I want to keep from my parent's house
    Sort through sewing patterns and inventory them
    Clear bed in guest bedroom
    Work on more quilt blocks
    Finish sewing commission
    Put away duvet for the winter
    Put away winter stuff
    Learn how to darn
    3 boxes out of the storage unit
    Continue the book cull

A bit ambitious and two of the items have hard deadlines, I'm sure I can do it. Already started on the bed and have some books on mending on hold at the library.

Yppej
    Did my March hike.

Ruled out the anti-vax group as there is no place to park where they meet and it is too far for me to walk.

Got another, better idea for parents' anniversary from DB. He also said he can be on call if I can't get the tilt in windows back up when I clean them, since I know DS won't do it.

Yppej
    It is too cold for me to do most things on my list and family is coming in from out of state to visit so I will be spending my leisure time with them. On the civic front I am continuing to advocate for good government and recently uncovered some cronyism in hiring at the library that I am trying to get accountability on. I also continue to do follow ups on Board of Health complaints.
    Last edited by Yppej; 3-27-22 at 7:39am.

Jeppy: I think Skydiving is a very cool goal. I used to want to do it when I was younger, although apparently not enough to make it happen. Then I reached a point where I am no f*ing way!
    Hana: Learning to darn is also a great goal - frugal, sustainable and all that good stuff!

Here is my spring list:
    • Declutter Mom's second floor
    • Wash windows, screens, & curtains
    • Build rolling pantry (small carpentry project)
    • Clean dryer vent
    • Start seeds
    • Small seasonal miscellany: hang hammock, put out hoses, swap storm door panels for screens
    • Repair picture (this is a small task that will take less than 30 mins but I've somehow been putting off for at least 2 years).
    • Yard cleanup, finish shredding and spreading leaves
    • Sell raincoat on eBay
    • Seasonal closet cleanout
    • Seasonal bedding changeover
    • Get out & set up fans and air conditioners
    • Divide and repot a few houseplants
    • Assess trim paint and decide whether to ask crappy house painting company to make good on their warranty and come back for touchups

You all are ambitious! Jeppy, enjoy your family visit!

My spring list:
    *wash kitchen windows w/concurrent cleaning of areas that are not accessible when I don't have to get to the windows. (My old farmhouse is full of windows and doors. I have to block easy access or I would have almost no wall space)
    *empty shed ne summer kitchen
    *remove plants /yank out ivy/ amend the soil/replace wanted plants in a tiny strip bed by the east shed wall
    *add compost to as many places as it will last for!
    *re-mulch around day lilies
    *divide and rehome some of my early spring native plants to newly cleared shade by old dog kennel
    *remove fence, posts, debris from said kennel area

But if it doesn't stop snowing, I'm not going to get to any of it, lol!

My house used to take much longer to spring clean. The yard could take days. Now my yard is my balcony so that took 30 minutes).

Oh no Early, sorry to hear you have snow. We don't have any on the ground or on the horizon just now, but it's still early enough in the season that it could happen.

Sister and I completed the first bedroom on the second floor at Mom's house today, and even got started on a second bedroom (Mom's being the second). There are 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a hall on the second floor. We culled out at least a half, and maybe even closer to 2/3 of her socks, leaving her with a mere 98 pairs remaining, lol. No wonder Sis and I have issues with too many socks; we come by it honestly. We carried away 2 bags for fabric recycling, and 2 boxes and 1 bag of stuff to be donated, then a small pile of paper clutter to go in my recycling bin. We also filled her recycling bin and put out a bag of trash for her pickup tomorrow. We kept Mom busy shredding documents, which makes her feel productive and happy, and also kept her away from what we were doing so she wouldn't see how much we were getting rid of! It was a good productive day.

Thread Information