Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Spring Challenge

Oh Rosa, this is what has happened to me! I had hired a window cleaner and for several years he was great...but he has stopped being reliable (only had him come once or twice a year) We have triple track storm windows and the outside takes using a ladder...So, my windows need washing and I don't want to do it. I will hire someone, soon, just figuring out the best way and then having to call....or email...and then they want to come do an estimate...yuck. But YAY! to you for getting it ALL DONE! We did get 2 gladioli beds staked and caged yesterday. Usually I wait until they are falling down and slap dash a flimsy fence in. So, I am well pleased and the stakes are from an old shelving unit that was so flimsy we stopped using it so it staying in that lovely BASEMENT for 30 years. Now they we help me have tall glads and keep from falling when I'm weeding as they are very sturdy. I also cleaned the house yesterday.

Yppej
    I did all but the weight loss and skydiving. Summer challenge running through the fall equinox anyone?

I didn't get everything done, but then again, I also accomplished some significant things that were not on the list, so I wasn't really slacking off. I'll carry some items over to the next season's list.
    Declutter Mom's second floor - in progress
    Wash windows, screens, & curtains - done
    Build rolling pantry (small carpentry project)
    Clean dryer vent
    Start seeds - donedone
    Seasonal miscellany: hang hammock, put out hoses, swap storm door panels for screens - done
    Repair picture (this is a small task that will take less than 30 mins but I've somehow been putting off for at least 2 years) - done
    Yard cleanup, finish shredding and spreading leaves - done
    Sell raincoat on eBay
    Seasonal closet cleanout - done
    Seasonal bedding changeover - done
    Get out & set up fans and air conditioners - done
    Divide and repot a few houseplants - done
    Assess trim paint and decide whether to ask crappy house painting company to make good on their warranty and come back for touchups - done

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I did all but the weight loss and skydiving. Summer challenge running through the fall equinox anyone?
    Yes, I'm in. I enjoy doing these.

final tally:
    My spring list update:
    *wash kitchen windows w/concurrent cleaning of areas that are not accessible when I don't have to get to the windows. DONE
    *clean out shed ne summer kitchen - DONE, yesterday!
    *remove plants /yank out ivy/ amend the soil/replace wanted plants in a tiny strip bed by the east shed wall - decided to NOT do this
    *add compost to as many places as it will last for - Done for the moment
    *re-mulch around day lilies - as done as it's going to be
    *divide and rehome some of my early spring native plants to newly cleared shade by old dog kennel - in process, want to divide more hostas
    *remove fence, posts, debris from said kennel area -in process
    ADDED: do a partial water change in tiny-pond and install new pump/filter - did a full water change - DONE!

So a couple things to roll over, and of course will add more - there's ALWAYS more! I'm happy with what I was able to do, and as Rosa said, there were of course other things that cropped up that we did instead. Like my Dsis was hit with some crazya$$ wind, and we spent a really hot morning clearing a place so she could get her van into the drive and get to her front door unimpeded. She will hire out the rest - we are too old and too out of shape for large scale tree removal and clear out. And much of the summer will be spent moving my DB (who is 80!) and his wife from the hangers into their new house. They have a LOT of stuff - huge, heavy stuff, a life-time of collecting that was already way reduced when the old house was torn down. So THAT will be fun! Yes, Jeppy, I'm in for the next run!!

Early: I believe "as done as it's going to be" is a good way of looking at some things. I'm thinking of my leaf cleanup item, which seems to be an unending task, like cleaning house or weeding. Did we clean up 99% of the leaves in the yard? Yes. Are there still some leaves lurking under the boxwood and the holly? Yes. Does it matter? NO!

Thread Information