Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Challenge

Rosa, you guys are making great progress. I used to give my friend with dementia jobs like sweeping, hanging up clothes from the dryer and brushing Noki.

Thanks, Terry! It's a real challenge because she has such issues with feeling dizzy and lightheaded, so we try for something simple and sedentary so we don't have to worry about her falling.

My friend was much younger in her early 60’s. I think you found the perfect job for your mom.

Decided I will spend at least 10 minutes a day clearing off the bed in the spare room. So far I put all the non sewing project fabric in it's space on the fabric shelf and the scraps are in the scrap bin. I basted the zipper for the commission and will sew it after work. Waiting on the email from the library that the books on mending are ready for pick up. Figure it's too early to deal with putting away the winter stuff, I"ll evaluate that in early May.

Phase two of the sewing commission requires using the downstairs laundry facilities, I can go over a box of stuff in the storage unit while it's washing and drying.

Hana: Your bed challenge reminds me of something. My dad was in the Merchant Marines, and he would go to sea for 6 - 9 months at a time. Mom had clutter issues even then, and his side of the bed would end up with a bunch of stuff on it while he was at sea. When Dad was coming home, Mom would have to clear off his side of the bed so he could get in it.

I planted a bunch of seeds today: a few kinds of sunflowers, and a couple of varieties of sweet peas and zinnias. I'll wait at least a couple more weeks to plant my cosmos. I'm using DH's tent and light setup in the cellar from when he was growing weed a couple of years ago. I don't quite understand why he lost enthusiasm for doing that, but although it looks like we're growing weed in the cellar, nope, it's zinnias, sunflowers and sweet peas!

I spent time at Mom's today and decluttered her bedroom desk - lots of shredding for Mom to do. We also cleaned out her night table drawer. She was surprised that the table had a drawer, and even more surprised that there was a bunch of stuff in it! "What is that?" "Where did it come from?" I took away a bag of stuff to donate/recycle/trash, and put a bag of shredded papers on the curb for her pickup tomorrow. I feel like it's going to take 1 or 2 more sessions to finish with her bedroom, but there has already been a first pass with much of it, so it should go more easily. My sister was working today, so unfortunately was unable to join in the fun.

Rosarugosa: the bed has become the 'I'll deal with it later' staging area and it stays that way until we have an overnight guest or we get tired of it. Based on social media posts around this time of the year I decide to clear it off and it will stay this way. This time I mean it. I am so happy that my parents are getting rid of a lot of stuff now. Mom says she doesn't want to us (sisters and I) to deal with the mess she and Dad had to deal with when our grandparents passed.

Almost finished the trousers part of the sewing commission and texted the client to schedule a fitting. Need to the client to wear it so I can finish the hem. Tonight's project after the 10 minute bed cleaning is pull out everything I'll need for the top and jacket. Hoping I can wash the fabric on my lunch break tomorrow and tackle a box or partial box.

Filled one of six yard waste barrels and aim to do the rest this weekend.

Have not heard back from the skydiving place on my mask inquiry so that may be a no go.

Filled another yard waste barrel.

Found out from family that DS plans to finish his final year of college at the school in town before his credits expire so I am putting off checking out the library in the other town for now.

I am going out every nice day and filling another barrel with yard waste.

Mom saw the items we planned to get as an anniversary gift on sale and plans to buy them. Now we have to come up with another idea.

This weekend will probably be my April hike.

Thread Information