Colleges that did away with the SAT dumbed down their student body. This seemed to start as state schools with this idea to make things equal to enroll. Those with test anxiety or the “bias” of the test would still have a spot. Many also stated that if you were in the top certain percentile of your high school you automatically get accepted. I for one believe that an education is better overall when you are with a cross section of society and that State University provides a more well rounded education than Ivy League. Hard science I do believe that MIT and Caltech rule the roost. Princeton, Stanford, Harvard, Yale and Columbia also have an edge for the top brains. After those seven and there are likely a few more, but less than 20, there is little discernible difference from the perceived lowly state or private and the top. It is all a marketing game. I actually think most students should go to Community College for two years and finish year 3 and 4 at University. They would certainly save a lot of money