Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What makes you feel,disrespected?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So, Rob learned a new concept and we will be treated to multiple posts about it as his new obsession.

Well, I can’t say that I am immune to a bit of obsessiveness myself in new ideas, so carry on Rob with Qualified Immunity!
    Actually, it very much isn't a new concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Actually, it very much isn't a new concept.
    But it is new to Rob. And new to me!

It is a legal concept I hadn’t heard about in that exact phrase.

I am more worried about - no liability for pharma and qualified immunity for public health officials approving and pushing their products - than I am about qualified immunity for police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What Law Enforcement uses flee responsibility for murder - and other less horrific crimes.
    I don't think you fully understand the concept of Qualified Immunity. It only covers civil liability in much the same way that the Good Samaritan doctrine protects any bystander attempting to help an injured person. Qualified Immunity is not a defense against any crime committed by Law Enforcement Personnel, nor does it protect against civil liability if a crime is committed.

Once you understand how hostile Qualified Immunity is towards the average person, perhaps you'd understand why I consider the concept extremely disrespectful
    I think the only real protection it provides is against those who may try to cash in for any perceived hurtful reaction to law enforcement or any other government agent.

In the absence of Qualified Immunity I find it hard to imagine any sane person willing to risk everything they and their families own or ever hope to own in order to perform a public service function.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

hunh, so why is that? Are they always supposed to be raising money for their parent organization?
    No. 99.9999% of horse show venues are held at fairgrounds that have their own concession stands that are contracted out.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    No. I've known about qualified immunity for some time. It is not new to me. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't think you fully understand the concept of Qualified Immunity. It only covers civil liability in much the same way that the Good Samaritan doctrine protects any bystander attempting to help an injured person. Qualified Immunity is not a defense against any crime committed by Law Enforcement Personnel, nor does it protect against civil liability if a crime is committed.

I think the only real protection it provides is against those who may try to cash in for any perceived hurtful reaction to law enforcement or any other government agent.

In the absence of Qualified Immunity I find it hard to imagine any sane person willing to risk everything they and their families own or ever hope to own in order to perform a public service function.
    I beg to differ. Last year New Mexico Governor Grisham raised the Gold standard by signing a bill eliminating qualifed immunity in New Mexico. The sky has not fallen - ask IL as she has been in New Mexico very recently. Rob

But it is new to Rob. And new to me!

It is a legal concept I hadn’t heard about in that exact phrase.
    WOW! And yet you very strongly support law enforcement. Such is your right but wow! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Warplace (Russia verses Ukraine) or workplace, LOL?

From someone who has rarely known sane ones.
    Typo. My bad. Should have been workplace. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I beg to differ. Last year New Mexico Governor Grisham raised the Gold standard by signing a bill eliminating qualifed immunity in New Mexico.
    Yes, I'm aware of that bit of political theater, Colorado is another state which successfully eliminated qualified immunity. There were perhaps a dozen or so other states who, like NM and CO, attempted the elimination as they were getting caught up in the overall defund the police effort, but as far as I know only those two and perhaps CT and strangely enough New York City succeeded in one form or another.

Just like the defund movement has started biting individual cities in the ass recently, I'm guessing this qualified immunity stunt will be re-thought soon in every jurisdiction it's implemented.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information