Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What makes you feel,disrespected?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Qualified Immunity. Rob
    I don’t know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post

The Fun Horse Fact Of The Day : Nearly all horse show organizations are required to have a concession stand at the show ( AQHA, APHA, ApHC, PtHA, USEF, 4-H, FFA, POA, etc) and can be fined if not in compliance
    hunh, so why is that? Are they always supposed to be raising money for their parent organization?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t know what that means.
    What Law Enforcement uses flee responsibility for murder - and other less horrific crimes. Once you understand how hostile Qualified Immunity is towards the average person, perhaps you'd understand why I consider the concept extremely disrespectful - at a Putin level (but before 2/24 to be fair). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I guess this is being snarky, but I feel a little disrespected when posters take pot shots at each other. This is my happy place to go to get and give support. But yeah, I should not take the unpleasantness of others to heart.
    That’s certainly not snarky. And as someone who I am sure you are referencing I apologize. Things have definitely got more ‘tense’ here as time has gone by and I’m absolutely a part of that. I try to be a better person but our country and the very real lives of people, are on the line. So I fail. Repeatedly. But I still care for and grieve every needless death from covid and pray that none of my loved ones become part of those statistics. And then I get angry. Wash rinse repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But I still care for and grieve every needless death from covid and pray that none of my loved ones become part of those statistics. And then I get angry.
    You are right. There is so much to grieve these days. I think sometimes I use a head in the sand, ignore things and they will go away approach, and that is not any better. I get what you are saying, and thank you for reminding me of the stakes and of what you are fighting for. Covid destroyed my parents over the past couple of years, the isolation, being shut in a room like prisoners, being allowed no visitors. I am so so sorry that people are still getting sick and there is not more being done or maybe nothing more can be done, which is worse. So please accept my apology, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That’s certainly not snarky. And as someone who I am sure you are referencing I apologize. Things have definitely got more ‘tense’ here as time has gone by and I’m absolutely a part of that. I try to be a better person but our country and the very real lives of people, are on the line. So I fail. Repeatedly. But I still care for and grieve every needless death from covid and pray that none of my loved ones become part of those statistics. And then I get angry. Wash rinse repeat.
    In the under age 65 age group more people die from auto accidents than covid. Do you also pray that none of your loved ones dies in a car crash? Do you get angry about accidents and the needless deaths caused by reckless driving? Do you think we should have driving lockdowns where people can only use other modes of transportation?

It seems if you watched less media coverage of covid you would put it in perspective like most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    You are right. There is so much to grieve these days. I think sometimes I use a head in the sand, ignore things and they will go away approach, and that is not any better. I get what you are saying, and thank you for reminding me of the stakes and of what you are fighting for. Covid destroyed my parents over the past couple of years, the isolation, being shut in a room like prisoners, being allowed no visitors. I am so so sorry that people are still getting sick and there is not more being done or maybe nothing more can be done, which is worse. So please accept my apology, too.
    “Head in the sand, ignore” approach to the big things outside of our control seems like a rational approach to me.

We are here to live our lives in as rich a way as possible. If sniping on the internetz doesn't meet that goal, I just call you a reasonable person!

And for the record, “nothing more can be done” is pretty much my opinion about Covid, and why many think the gubment in all of its manifestations can save us from Covid is beyond my understanding.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Insane worplace expectations.

Insane worplace expectations.

Warplace (Russia verses Ukraine) or workplace, LOL?

From someone who has rarely known sane ones.

What Law Enforcement uses flee responsibility for murder - and other less horrific crimes. Once you understand how hostile Qualified Immunity is towards the average person, perhaps you'd understand why I consider the concept extremely disrespectful - at a Putin level (but before 2/24 to be fair). Rob
    So, Rob learned a new concept and we will be treated to multiple posts about it as his new obsession.

Well, I can’t say that I am immune to a bit of obsessiveness myself in new ideas, so carry on Rob with Qualified Immunity!

Thread Information