Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPP (other people's pets)

OPP (other people's pets)

As I mentioned on the road trip thread in transportation I"m currently housesitting for my sister in San Diego. That means taking care of her and her wife's cat and dog. Two old ladies that have been part of their/my lives for a long time. The dog, an adorable cocker spaniel who just wants to please the humans in her life, currently needs eye drops twice a day. She hates this. The first day I was here she eagerly hopped up on the couch when I called her and then was annoyed when I squirted the drops in her eyes. Three days later and she's figured out that game. Today when I sat down on the couch and called her over she turned away and went to her bed on the other side of the room and plopped down, ass facing me, and ignored my attempts to get her to come. So I had to go pick her up and carry her to the couch.

Both her and the cat are such sweeties that I just had to share pics.

sophie.jpg
    raisin.jpg

And while you all are here, a random picture of me from my youth that my sister found somewhere and is now hanging on the wall in her hallway...
    me2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cuties! The pets, I mean. LOL. I love Cocker Spaniels. They used to be a lot more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Cuties! The pets, I mean. LOL. I love Cocker Spaniels. They used to be a lot more popular.
    Sister and wife were more into big dogs before. Their last three were two great danes and a German Sheppard/rottweiler mix but when they did a "what kind of dog do you want?" test their preferences for smart and gentle, etc, said cocker spaniel so they adopted the current girl and it's been a great relationship ever since. Such a smart and sweet lady. Five minutes after I had to make her do her eye drops she was happily doing tricks for treats.

The dog is very cute!

you are too. Carrying a purse? Funny!

Cute pictures!

Cute dog, cute cat, cute little JP!

Are cockers good with little kids? My next dog has to be good with little kids, as our current ones are really not. People recommend Cavaliers for little kids, but I like the way the cockers look better. If it were up to me I'd downsize back to my little terriers--I've had two Westies and a Cairn and really miss my wee doggie.

Cute photos!
    Just an observation when considering the breed of dog with children. Too many dogs get a bad name because the kids are not careful and respectful of the dogs. Parents seem to assume that the dog will cope somehow when the kids themselves are undisciplined.
    How many dog rescues have occurred because children and their adults were not trained. Really sad to see and hear of this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

ALL cute pics! LOL. I haven't seen even a picture of a cocker spaniel in years! So cute.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Cockers don’t seem to be nearly as popular as they once where.

They come with ear problems, infections.

Thread Information