Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April Frugals

Not the healthiest but I have gone back to eating the free snacks at work to keep my food spending under control. The cupboards are pretty bare so I will pick up a few items tonight. Gas prices are starting to tick up again, and how much I spend on food seesaws depending on that.

I am not in any danger of going hungry, it's just that I want to meet my aggressive budget goals with lots saved towards retirement (or if we hit a recession, a layoff).

Went to the village wide garage sales this morning. Surprisingly, I found a few items I have been looking for and spent very little. It is cold and windy but was worth going. Tomorrow is the big day....

Called the bank to ask why they aren't raising the interest they pay since rates are going up. They agreed to offer me a small increase over the amount paid to others through the end of the year.

Also being me you know I had to ask, and they said the mask mandate for their unvaccinated employees should be going away very soon

If I don't go for a physical at least once every two years I must pay $5 extra per week, or $260 extra per year, for health insurance.

But I don't want to go back to the doctor who would not write me a jury duty excuse when masks were required in courtrooms. (I was willing to do jury duty via Zoom.) So today I prepared letters to seven different doctors - I think this is easier than waiting on hold and trying to get past their gatekeepers on the phone - asking if they accept the exemptions in the mask mandate and are willing to have me as their patient maskfree. If so then they will probably be reasonable if and when I am called for jury duty again.

This took a bit of research - I searched for providers who take my insurance, have admitting privileges at the hospital I like, are accepting new patients, and are women. If I strike out I will try again with male doctors.

Good luck with this, Yppej. I have been to two doctor appointments with this doctor in Maine and she never once had me take off my mask. I told my husband the lower half of my face could be missing, for all she knew. She charged over 400 dollars for the first appointment and over 700 for the second where she did a simple CBC.

I am appalled at the medical care here, both for my parents and us.

Locally all but my allergist had signs on the door that masks must be worn. One place they said you couldn’t wear cloth masks and gave me a surgical mask. I doubt you will find a doctor that doesn’t require one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If I don't go for a physical at least once every two years I must pay $5 extra per week, or $260 extra per year, for health insurance.

But I don't want to go back to the doctor who would not write me a jury duty excuse when masks were required in courtrooms. (I was willing to do jury duty via Zoom.) So today I prepared letters to seven different doctors - I think this is easier than waiting on hold and trying to get past their gatekeepers on the phone - asking if they accept the exemptions in the mask mandate and are willing to have me as their patient maskfree. If so then they will probably be reasonable if and when I am called for jury duty again.

This took a bit of research - I searched for providers who take my insurance, have admitting privileges at the hospital I like, are accepting new patients, and are women. If I strike out I will try again with male doctors.
    OMG Get a Grip Lady....

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    OMG Get a Grip Lady....
    Still reading my posts. Life's so boring without me.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    OMG Get a Grip Lady....
    Yppej get a grip? That ship has sailed a long time ago and seems unlikely to ever dock again. Very sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sent back new Moto phone because it kept talking to me and making random noises, and it seemed like I would have to reprogram it to get it to stop. Went back to my old phone, which will save me money when they accept the return of the new phone.

Thread Information