Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clumps of Snowdrops

It was 95+ degrees here yesterday. Miserable. Breaking all records for this time of year here. Leaving everyone who thinks about it terrified of the summer to come (longer than that we do not think). 35 degrees with "snowdrops" sounds cold, but also really nice ....
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It was 95+ degrees here yesterday. Miserable. Breaking all records for this time of year here. Leaving everyone who thinks about it terrified of the summer to come (longer than that we do not think). 35 degrees with "snowdrops" sounds cold, but also really nice ....
    Agreed, 35F is much better in April than 95F.

This afternoon the snow flurries stopped, and the sky became cloudless and blue. The temperature was 38 beautiful degrees. Our clumps of snowdrops were a little further along, so I took pictures.

I understand that in the UK there is some folklore about fairies living in the midst of snowdrops. I imagine our fairies would wear furs, dancing like Cossacks in the sunlight. They may be refugees from winter. They are always welcome here. I imagine that after the sun goes down, they curl up together under our warm sunporch to sleep. I may be the only one to believe this, but I say our fairies would be sending healing vibes to the chatelaine.

000_0605 (2).jpg

000_0606 (2).jpg

Snowdrops are delightful and thriving in my backyard as well but covered by a down comforter of fresh snow at present. The warming temp should clear that soon this week.
    Love the folklore report of fairies living in them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I lived in upstate New York it always snowed in April. I am too old for that crap. On another forum some people retired to rural northern Wisconsin and I think they must have lost their minds). It’s beautiful though.
    well, maybe they escape to warmer climates in winter months? I mean if you live way up north, you would find 40° weather in January to be quite tolerable. I’m just thinking that if that was me, I wouldn’t have to go to Florida with all of its horrific traffic, I’d be happy in maybe Southern Arkansas? Or etc. Also those places are affordable.

WI sucks in winter. If I can, I leave. 38 or 40 degrees (especially with no sun and wind) is COLD... add snow to that and it really reeks.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Beautiful, dado!

I don't have snowdrops, but I actually have crocus coming up here! They're the first-comers this year.
    I always have crocus coming up first every year. Then comes the tulips.

Thread Information