Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old stalker shows up again

Old stalker shows up again

You may remember this post from 2011. Well, the stalker is back!

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...c-events/page1

A close friend is now the pastor at the old church I left in 2008. CG (the stalker) and his family are very active members there. Different branch of my denomination.

My branch of denomination has Sunday night Lenten services at different local parishes. I don’t go to those anymore. Friends from current parish tell me CG showed up at the one my parish hosted a few weeks back and was asking lots of questions about me. I wasn’t at the Sunday night service at my parish.

CG has now begun showing up at my parish for all services. When I’m not there he asks people where I am. I was there Saturday and Sunday of last weekend and Wednesday night when he was there. I was in choir. Doing his old habit of starting at me. I advised my priest right away when friends told me CG had been asking after me constantly. Priest was very concerned and told me he was going to talk to CG the next time he shows up. CG comes by himself, but the entire entourage (see previous thread), now with three kids, comes on Sunday.

I found out he’s been friend requesting friends of mine on FB. Diving friends he would have no reason to know. My posts are for friends only. Friends list is friends only. However, the WI dive shop and other friends have taken photos and tagged me in public posts. He mentioned me when friend requesting these people. They refused his friend request and mentioned it to me. I have screen shots from the friends.

This guy doesn’t know he was the primary catalyst for me learning to shoot and getting my concealed carry permit (as soon as IL had them in 2014). I will now be carrying all the time again. I had sort of slacked off some.

Easter is in a few weeks and the local diving hole opens at the end of the month. I’ll be gone diving and not at church for weeks at a time.

Ugh, Tradd. Sorry you are going through all this... again!!! Hopefully your pastor will be able to do... something!?!? I have no other ideas, but wish you well and stay safe!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Could you get a restraining order against him?

He’s really done nothing illegal or harassing - yet.

Very concerning. So sorry Tradd.

This is what I would do:

https://www.cookcountycourt.org/ABOU...ence/How-Do-I-

I had a protective order from Cook County against my stalking ex. It is possible to get them.

Does your church have a security force? (common now after some church shootings)

Consider having the pastor approach CG's wife and explain that you left your other church because of him stalking and you are considering a restraining order as he has been cyberstalking you. You may not need an actual restraining order then. (but look into it)

This is really creepy after all these years. Hoping you get it resolved without problems. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Does your church have a security force? (common now after some church shootings)

Consider having the pastor approach CG's wife and explain that you left your other church because of him stalking and you are considering a restraining order as he has been cyberstalking you. You may not need an actual restraining order then. (but look into it)
    I didn't leave the previous church due to the stalking (I left about 3 years before he came along).

No church security force. Priest is an anti-gunner. He doesn't know I carry. I'll keep it that way.

Thread Information