Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Las Cruces, NM

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I have debated Las Cruces for years - and I'd feel safer there as NM Governor Grisham set the gold standard in the US by signing a bill ending qualified immunity. So there's that and it's very enticing....but SO has family in Nogales MX and I may be able to transfer to a job in Nogales, AZ. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ah! Ok, it is Iris versicolor.

I do not grow that species, but judging by the fact that it gets to be 4 feet tall, and it likes water, its growing conditions sound similar to Louisiana irises which like boggy conditions where the water goes in and then dries out and then goes in again and then dries out.

Marti Schaeffer and Jan Sacks hybridize versicolor iris, so if your species one does well you might want to branch out and try more species crosses that are still species:

http://www.jpwflowers.com/introirisversicolor.html
    Thank you! I'll look into those hybrids--I think they would look really beautiful down by lakeshore. I might try Karl Foerster grass and buttonbush. I think they would go well together!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I've always liked Las Cruces - and now that qualified immunity no longer exists in New Mexico, it's even more attractive. Still - it's looking more like an eventual transfer to Nogales, AZ to end my working years outside of the overheated urban sprawl I live in. What do you make of Las Cruces as of this visit?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I've always liked Las Cruces - and now that qualified immunity no longer exists in New Mexico, it's even more attractive. Still - it's looking more like an eventual transfer to Nogales, AZ to end my working years outside of the overheated urban sprawl I live in. What do you make of Las Cruces as of this visit?

Rob
    Very dusty, dirty, and desert-y. But I really liked the fact that there doesn’t seem to be much traffic on the main arterial roads in town. It was pretty amazing actually. Every time I wanted to make a left turn I could do it. It takes 8 to 10 minutes to get across town. The southwestern architecture is charming. There’s lots of interesting historical things about that part of New Mexico.

Okay---Tell you what. Nothing beats a trip to IWah, to drive-N-Eat! Nope. In fact, now they got a chain o' rest-ronts in Iwah called: The Machine Shed, whereby you could plan your trip around driving from one 'chine shed to the next, eating your way across IWah! They specialize in pork n eggs. Yup. But, here's a map, not of 'chine sheds, but several other indy rest-o-rants you can drive to, just for Fun!2023-05-16 (6).jpg2023-05-12 (3).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 5-16-23 at 10:14pm.

Thread Information