Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - April 14 - August 29, 2022

I like the way you plug along and account for this, echase.

I have an entirely different method of decluttering, but it doesnt matter, there is no one way to make it all work, We just have to make it work.

Got the one bed mulched!

Thanks, iris lilies. I'm not sure of all the reasons this is the method that works for me, but it does, so I'm sticking with it. Of course having all of you encouraging me has made a huge difference.

Yay, nswef, on the mulching! I have some to do this week too. I might start with the teeny goal of mulching just half of one of my raised beds. I'll let you know.

I spent about 2 hours working with my daughter in her bedroom this weekend. She had moved into a bigger space last summer, but there were still 2-3 boxes of clutter from that move that we'd never gone through. We also put up some new curtains and weeded out some clothes that are too small for her now.

New total: 8.5.

What I like about your method,Ej is that you are also helping your daughter learn...You are both succeeding! And a 1/2 bed mulched is a great step. I used to think I had to do the WHOLE flower bed at once, weed, cover, mulch. Well, it still gets done just over several tries and that's GOOD ENOUGH!!! I just walked around the yard this morning to see what I want to get done today, the humidity is lower. The beds are beginning to be "just a little weeding..." It makes me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    What I like about your method,Ej is that you are also helping your daughter learn...!
    Thanks, nswef. She's pretty good at decluttering. I'm hopeful she is not going to inherit my issues!

This week I managed to do 1.5 hours, so the new total is 10.

I've made my peace with the fact that the progress this summer is simply going to be slower since I'm teaching and that I might not finish these 40 hours until the fall. I'm still making some progress.

I vacuumed the basement washer room. It was driving me crazy...It only took 30 or 40 minutes and it is so nice to walk down now! Today is edge flower beds. It's not too humid. You do a lot EJ!!

Nswef, it sounds like vacuuming was satisfying!

I'm still consumed with teaching. My class ends this week but then we go away for 2 weeks, so hopefully I can do more in August.

I'm back from vacation, not teaching now for the next 3 weeks. I just took some baby steps today - 1.5 hours. New total is 11.5.

Yay! EJ. I've been keeping the flower beds well under control. Next task is blueberry paths again, they are out of control with crab grass. It might be do able soon as the heat and humidity are breaking. Also re set the bricks around one flower bed. The rest just get edged and I've been using a hoe and husband weed whacks intermittently.

Wow, nswef, it seems like you are making some good progress!

I'm still in baby steps mode - one more hour today before the housekeeper came. New total: 12.5.

Thread Information