Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - April 14 - August 29, 2022

Great, EJ. Off to the blueberry weeds now. It's fairly cool and much less humid! also staining a porch railing and a trellis are on the list. Among many other projects. 30 minutes at a time!

Keep up the good work, nswef!

I've been slow. Just 30 minutes yesterday. New total: 13.

Hi all,

I've been having a lot of trouble getting going again, so I'm "bookending" today, making a commitment to do 2 hours and report back how I did. It's a mental health issue at this point. Lots of clutter all over the house, and my daughter is with me this weekend. It's not good for either of our moods.

I'll let you know what I accomplish!

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Hi all,

I've been having a lot of trouble getting going again, so I'm "bookending" today, making a commitment to do 2 hours and report back how I did. It's a mental health issue at this point. Lots of clutter all over the house, and my daughter is with me this weekend. It's not good for either of our moods.

I'll let you know what I accomplish!
    Oh how I like that sense of tidiness When Iíve spent a couple hours cleaning and organizing. Please kick back this evening with a glass of wine, or chocolate drink with you and your daughter, or somesuch thing to celebrate and enjoy your orderly space.

Good luck, EJ!

I actually did 2.5! Still SO much more to do, but I focused on the common areas first, so at least those feel good now. Tomorrow, I'll do more. New total: 15.5.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh how I like that sense of tidiness When I’ve spent a couple hours cleaning and organizing. Please kick back this evening with a glass of wine, or chocolate drink with you and your daughter, or somesuch thing to celebrate and enjoy your orderly space.
    Thanks, Iris Lillies. Our version of this tonight will be cuddling guinea pigs and watching "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," which my eleven-year-old has just discovered.

Well, bookending yesterday worked so well that I'm going to do it again today. My daughter and I had a lazy morning reading in bed then had brunch. I'd like to do 2 more hours of tidying today.

I did my 2 hours today - grumpy the whole time, but glad I did it. New total: 17.5.
    Last edited by ejchase; 8-22-22 at 12:35am.

That's great EJ! I love that you just keep plugging away at it.

Thread Information