Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - April 14 - August 29, 2022

We had guests coming over yesterday - always a good motivator - so I did 1.5 hours in preparation for that. New total: 19.

Today, I'm hoping my daughter and I can tackle two of her bureau drawers which are so full of stuff we can't close them. I think this is partly due to the fact we got a lot of clothes for her from the Buy Nothing group in August which ultimately will save us some money (3 pairs of jeans which fit perfectly!). But we have to do some reorganizing. And hopefully, we will find stuff to purge too.

Another project I need to focus on in this batch of 40 hours is decluttering my office at work. I just returned to teaching one class in-person, and my office is just like I left it in March 2020 - messy! I'm hoping I can work on it a couple hours at a time each week. I know I will feel 10 times better at work if my office is a space I'm proud of.

Are you at the end of your time period, and if you start another thread on this, I'd like to participate. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Are you at the end of your time period, and if you start another thread on this, I'd like to participate. thanks!
    Hi Tybee!

Even though I'm past my August deadline, I'm going to keep working on this batch of 40 hours until I'm done. Feel free to join in anytime!

My daughter and I went through her drawers yesterday, and we found about 12 items to get rid of, and then I hung up some of the things from the drawers in the closet, which made it possible to open and close the drawers more easily. Just 30 minutes - but progress!

New total: 19.5.

Okay, I will! Thank you. Maybe I will shoot for half an hour a day.

I've been so-o-o busy at work, but one of my "hotspots," the dining room table, had gotten so bad that I did manage to spend an hour on it last night. I recycled a bunch of paper, put a bunch of other stuff where it goes, and now the table is clear. Very nice!

New total: 20.5.

Yay for a clear dining room table. I keep working on mine and can clear it easily if I need the whole table. But, it is a constant challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Yay for a clear dining room table. I keep working on mine and can clear it easily if I need the whole table. But, it is a constant challenge.
    Thats my m.o. too. The dining table is my desk, but I can clear it within 10 minutes, placing everything where they belong.

Glad I'm not alone with my dr table habits!

Our house has been really messy for the last three weeks or so, and i have some challenging life stuff coming up in the next 10 days, so I'm trying to tidy things up a bit for mental health reasons as much as anything else - though work will continue to be insanely busy all through this time.

In any case, I managed 30 more minutes today. New total: 21.

EJ you inspire me. I, too, like it less cluttered and tidier but always know that when it isn't I need to slow down and take time to do the straightening, at least.

Thread Information