Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - April 14 - August 29, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    EJ you inspire me. I, too, like it less cluttered and tidier but always know that when it isn't I need to slow down and take time to do the straightening, at least.
    Aw, thanks, nswef. Knowing other people have issues with this really helps me feel less alone.

I did an hour this morning before the housekeeper came to do her monthly clean. New total: 22.

I did another hour last Tuesday in preparation for having a babysitter come. New total: 23.

Sold a bunch of essential oils that I wasn't using a week or so ago. Also listed a stack of clothes on Poshmark. If they don't sell in a few months, I'll just donate them.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Sold a bunch of essential oils that I wasn't using a week or so ago. Also listed a stack of clothes on Poshmark. If they don't sell in a few months, I'll just donate them.
    Nice, beckyliz! I've been thinking about giving Poshmark a try this winter.

I did 3 more hours today in preparation for the house cleaner to come. It was very satisfying and calming. New total: 26.

Today, since the upstair bathroom by my bedroom is now 66% functional, I moved toiletries from our kitchen to that bathroom. In it the toilet and sink are hooked up. It was a good feeling to have those out-of-place things now residing more or less where they will stay.

I like this incremental finishing of rooms here because I can put things together thoughtfully, put things away carefully.

I'm using the EJ strategy in dealing with my cellar, always a daunting task. I really got into it yesterday and spent 3 hours down there. I put quite a bit of stuff in trash and recycling, and I also have lots to give away and donate. Apparently I have some highly desirable discards, because I'm going to have to draw a bunch of names on items I posted on the local FB giving page.
    I had previously spent 45 mins, then 30 mins, so I'm at 4 hrs, 15 mins so far for this project.

Yay Rosa- When will I begin???

I recently started a new side hustle helping people downsize, declutter, organize and also pack and unpack for moves. So far it’s been easy to find clients and I have done this for free for friends and family for years.

So now “my “ bathroom is finished. I prematurely bought a very big mirror for it and already I don’t like it so I will donate this mirror.

I have to figure out the best way to store in a tiny bathroom: toiletries and soaps, clean towels, used towels to dry, Cleaning supplies, toilet brush, Toilet paper, robe, pharmaceuticals.

Our city house had a much bigger bathroom and I never really used the storage space for needed things, I would say half of it was empty.

I don’t want to junk up this bathroom so my additional storage space is a dresser around the corner in the guest bedroom. I think I’ll keep the “pharmacy “there. I may even keep extra towels there.

right now I am leaning towards hanging a wide towel rack over the door that would be used for drying towels. The bathmat can dry over the edge of the bathtub. One drawer of the vanity can hold toiletries. I have an empty bottom drawer that could hold extra toilet tissue, and perhaps cleaning supplies.

I’m not going to buy any cabinets for wall space until I’m convinced I really need them Because I would prefer to hang art on the walls. I really dislike the cluttered look of bottles of lotions, shampoos, creams etc. etc. cluttering bathrooms.

Thread Information