Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unclaimed property

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Catherine, have you done it lately for New Jersey? The three things I found for my son and for me were all after we moved to different states, which is probably why they could not find us.
    No, I haven't don't it lately, but I know I did back then. Maybe I'll try again!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    No, I haven't don't it lately, but I know I did back then. Maybe I'll try again!!
    What do you know? If I upload my ID (SS#, DL, proof of address), they're going to send me $93! Bingo!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What do you know? If I upload my ID (SS#, DL, proof of address), they're going to send me $93! Bingo!
    That's great!!

So I like the idea of getting my own money, but the info they want just makes me so leery/cautious. That's enough stuff for identity theft right there.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So I like the idea of getting my own money, but the info they want just makes me so leery/cautious. That's enough stuff for identity theft right there.
    I just hit the submit claim button and then got emailed forms from the Illinois Treasurer. So I will be mailing my forms to the office of the Illinois State Treasurer.

My son just had to hit the claim button and got back message from the Treasurer that they would send him the money, nothing else needed. I just have to do the stuff that Alan was talking about, find old address verification and I'm good to send the forms in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I just hit the submit claim button and then got emailed forms from the Illinois Treasurer. So I will be mailing my forms to the office of the Illinois State Treasurer.

My son just had to hit the claim button and got back message from the Treasurer that they would send him the money, nothing else needed. I just have to do the stuff that Alan was talking about, find old address verification and I'm good to send the forms in the mail.
    Interesting. Thanks. I don't think I have any unclaimed money, but it might be worth a shot.

Edited to add: Just checked - nothing. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Aw. too bad. I did not find any in the past three states I lived in, so mine were definitely very old, from after I moved, and they could not find me. Same with my son.

Thread Information