Thread: Another photo album thread!

Another photo album thread!

Just wanted to share an update on my years long photo album project.

Yesterday my son brought my granddaughters over and we were able to look at a few of the albums. I was able to show the girls various years in their lives because we were in the albums already, although I do want to change all of the albums to non-magnetic, as I have learned that they will destroy the backs of the pictures over time.

Ivam switching to an album that holds 12 x 12 plastic sheets in a 3 ring binder. Then, I put the photos onto cardstock using paper corners. Then, I slip the 12 x 12 cardstock into the 12 x 12 plastic sheets. It's great because I can make notes on the cardstock, and I can also switch in new pages when I find another box of pictures somewhere (a surprisingly common occurrence. ) I was able to add pictures from my parents' house that I had sent them thirty years ago into my new albums.

My son was actually impressed for the first time. He actually wants to scan every album page, as he has definitely inherited the "archiving gene." He gets it!!!

And my 4 year old granddaughter was able to select a photo of herself for a silver frame she found--she definitely has the collector gene, and go home with a picture of her sister and herself a a great frame for their room. It was super easy to find the right album and just pull it out for her.

Sounds like this project is coming along well. How great is it that you have two generations interested in it!

The early photograph albums in my household use those adhesive corners that hold the photographs. That is better for the photos condition than the later ones where adhesives are used directly on the photographs. For my purposes it doesn’t matter because all of my photos will end up in the landfill since I have no kids or grandkids and I won’t be forcing them on anyone else. I’m not even sure I’m especially interested in them!

Sounds like the project has definitely worked out well! It's always a special time when spent with kids and grandkids reminiscing over photos.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's so cool, Tybee! What an amazing gift to your family.

Nice, Tybee! I think that's a great system! So much better than the "system" my son told me about this week--he happened to find hundreds more family photos this week when they literally fell from the sky--right on top of his head from a hole in the garage ceiling!!

So, he sent us a few shots of some he really liked, but he said there are hundreds, and I even forgot I had them--some photos I don't even remember ever seeing! I definitely have to get a system!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m not even sure I’m especially interested in them!
    This made me laugh.

I use the corners where you slide the picture in, so there is not adhesive on the photo at all.

Catherine, just get your son to ship you the box!! It would be so fun to share them with the rest of the family--have a dinner party and make an album. They have to be one segment in time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    That's so cool, Tybee! What an amazing gift to your family.
    I feel they were the ones giving me the gift by being so interested and excited about them!

Thread Information