Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Equipment

Yppej

Medical Equipment

Pre covid I never heard of a pulse oximeter and don't have one, nor a blood pressure cuff. Work is pretty basic too - no defibrillator, no narcan.

What medical equipment do you have at home?

I have a thermometer and a heating pad. Also a scale if you count that.

We have a pulse oximeter, blood pressure cuff, thermometer all before covid. My husband is an athlete and was measuring his oxygen levels during and after intense exercise. His heart rate and blood pressure are ridiculously low (resting pulse in the low 50s/high 40s), so he wanted to make sure the bp wasn't too low. Other "health" equipment include heating pads, and a shoulder massager. I also use a dog toy that looks like a small tennis ball for knots in the back.

We both have fitness watches (Fitbit for me, Garmin for him).

I've had a pulse oximeter for over 15 years due to history of low oxygen levels and respiratory failure. They are cheap now. Get one.
    Thermometer and blood pressure cuff. We use the cuff when husband is having episodes of HBP.

Yppej
    Maybe I will get the pulse oximeter for my mom.

Scale, blood pressure machine, thermometer, heating pad before Covid.

pulse oximeter and multiple covid test kits after covid.

I have yet to use one of the Covid test kits.

I will confess it it’s just been in the past two or three years that I learned how to use a modern digital thermometer. I actually had to sit down and read the instructions because I couldn’t glean it from playing with it.

Get a pulse oximeter now. The current virus moves so quickly, and you could be fine and then five hours later, you could be having dangerously low oxygen levels, but you would not know it. They are under 25 dollars and should be in everyone's home, as insurance.

I bought the pulse oxo when Covid hit.

Blood pressure cuff, digital thermometer, blood sugar test kit (from a few years back so need to get rid of) and pulse oximeter. Oxygen reads can be useful too for those of us who live in higher elevations. Covid test kits galore from free mail outs and library.

Pulse oximeter, digital thermometer, blood pressure cuff, blood glucose test (I'm neither diabetic nor pre-diabetic, I was just testing it because diabetes runs in the family some), covid tests but probably running out because I have allergies etc. sometimes and test myself and have never tested positive. No definitely don't have a scale, if for some reason I have to weigh myself there is one at the gym. Don't have a heating pad, I do have a hot water bottle, useful for pain and cold of course, talk about low tech.
    Trees don't grow on money

Blood pressure cuff, scale, thermometer, and I wear on my wrist health apps that measure heart rate (resting, active, walking), heart rate variability, SPO2, sleep, steps, calories expended, and probably a whole bunch of other things.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information