Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Equipment

A few things, just in case.

Bae, you're running low on bandaids, might want to pick some up!

Digital thermometer, pulse ox, a low tech peak flow gauge, blood pressure cuff and a scale I don't trust ( impossible to weigh the exact weight four or five times in a row ). I have a wearable device for some exercise/ pulse / calorie stats. No heating pad here. Does a hot tub count? It does relieve muscle tightness. I have one of those.

ETA. I also have a nebulizer. I'm asthmatic. Used it twice this year, but previously it was almost five years idle.

Does anyone have a specific pulse oximeter recommendation?

Most of mine is still at the other house.

Access to a retired Nurse (mom), and my late grandfathers wife, was a doctor of nursing (never did find out if you call them Dr. Nurse, or Nurse Dr.)
    Stethoscope, blood pressure cup, thermometer, band-aids, fire extinguishers, had a scale at the old house that broke, so used the Doctors office one at mom's. Pulse ox mom has. various medications, ointments, etc. Humidifier, heating pad, tensior. (not sure of the spelling on that one), cane, wheelchair, walker.

The one item I would like to get that I felt I needed the last time my back went out, bath bench. and this house has one handicapped bar in the bathroom in the finished basement.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I only did a small bit of research and just ordered this one off of eBay: Equate Finger Pulse Oximeter C20 Blood Oxygen Saturation Level Rate SPO2 Monitor. Moderate price and decent reviews.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have the same three items as Jeppy. I use the heating pad to warm up my bed, mostly. During a cold snap I bought an electric blanket, which I found annoying and utterly unwieldy--when I had an XL heating pad that works just fine. Dumb.

No O2 sensor-might need to get that. Blood pressure machine we use frequently to keep track.Rice filled socks for heat and cold on muscle aches- used daily by me. Thermometer- used seldom. I have a brace for my thumb that helps with the pain and mouthpiece for night teeth grinding, 2 covid tests not ever used. Scale used daily- it was from Arlans...probably 1972. Still works! This is an interesting thread.

We have a blood pressure machine, a couple of thermometers including an old school mercury one, an oximeter and SO has a cpap and a blood sugar sensor that is permanently attached to his arm and sends the results to his phone. All of these get used fairly regularly. Some daily. Some once a week or so.

honestly I don't think it matters, they all seem basically equivalent, all from the same factory in China maybe I ended up with two at one point because one never came until like months later it showed up after I cancelled the order. But that was really height of the pandemic, nothing like that should happen now. I'd give you one but I think I lost parts, organization around here could be better I guess So any brand you buy is probably ok.
    Trees don't grow on money

Oh, another “medical” device we have: masks! Lots of them!

But we had N95 masks before Covid hit hard because we had them for construction. I still use them For heavy duty interactions with HOOMANS such as airplane rides.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-25-22 at 9:32am.

Thread Information