Thread: Wow.....work related.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Wow.....work related.

I fell down at home today and lost a crown. WOW! To my employer for letting me take some time off. Will pop down to Nogales MX for the dentist and extended family later this week. Probably 2 to 3 days. Just how sane for getting time off not to be a nightmare. I'm still not used to this - It's like being used to basic economy and getting bumped up to Business Class. Rob

PS Such definitely buys loyalty from me. I did not know that I was capable of loyalty to an employer. Rob

That's so nice, Rob. It is amazing when employer/employee relations are good. Ouch on losing the crown, though!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    That's so nice, Rob. It is amazing when employer/employee relations are good. Ouch on losing the crown, though!
    Something else cool is that rough days at this job are nowhere near as bad as waiting tables.

TY BTW. I fell in the shower and am lucky it was not worse. Thank Goodness. Rob

Youch.. glad to hear you are ok!

I hope you get it fixed soon and without much pain! That sucks!

I'm so glad they are giving you the time off, and so glad the accident wasn't worse.

I'm so glad your work life has taken such a positive turn.

Back in the Valley again. Agreed to pick.up more hours so I'm pretty much.working straight through for 2 weeks. Then I go back to Mexico for my.last crown (long story).

I really like Nogales (Arizona to be clear). I had the chance to have chicken mole at the Hotel Fray Marcos on the MX side and next time I go down I am visiting the art museum on the Mexican side - have yet to go.

Wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. I am OK - I don't seem to have broken or sprained anything. Pure luck. Very grateful to Nexico as usual and also to my.employet for working with me on this. And I even had the chance to visit the in laws that I like in Colonia Kennedy.

Rob

Sorry for the typos above. My mind is rattled by the price increases I'm seeing first hand throughout the store. Especially concerning to me is the price increases I'm seeing on Mexican produce. (historically produce has been cheap here due to proximity to Mexico).

Not anymore. I think at Casa Rob we are going to be eating more combo plates of rice/beans/discounted veggie. And Mexican hot sauce or other condiment on the side. Rob

Thread Information