Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found this SHOCKING

Found this SHOCKING

Today drove past a house that had a semblance of a flag in their front window that said F**K Biden. Tells the depravity of humanity, I guess. Weren't/Aren't there laws regarding public profanity?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Today drove past a house that had a semblance of a flag in their front window that said F**K Biden. Tells the depravity of humanity, I guess. Weren't/Aren't there laws regarding public profanity?
    I think there's a First Amendment problem with restricting someone on their own property saying "F**K Biden"...

A similar flag along with other items was popular on Amazon during the previous administration. Amazon.com: **** Trump Flag 3' X 5' Indoor Outdoor Banner Endorses Garden Flag MAGA Campaign Flags

I'm not a fan of people being crude & obnoxious in public, but whatcha gonna do?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We have several groups who fly these and varied others on a regular basis on busy street corners and overpasses. No one can do a damned thing about them. There's no local code against public profanity, I guess. BUT, since the overpass is on state property (over I-5), seems like they are walking a thin line. Frankly I think no one wants to give these morons more attention than they deserve. They only occupy the overpass on Sundays. My daughter will not leave her home to shop on a Sunday because they repulse her so driving by.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We also have these flags/sign and banners around. Honestly however the person thinks, I just wonder do they have a child or grandparent or such? I remember about 20 years ago a city we lived in had an issue with the F word being used in a public park and it was taken to court, there were old laws against it.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    We have several groups who fly these and varied others on a regular basis on busy street corners and overpasses. No one can do a damned thing about them. There's no local code against public profanity, I guess. BUT, since the overpass is on state property (over I-5), seems like they are walking a thin line. .
    Darn that First Amendment.

I always wonder why anyone feels the need to advertise their beliefs on signs and bumper stickers. What does it accomplish? Seems pretty low class to me and certainly isn't contributing to our rapidly disappearing civility towards each other.

I remember when Robert Di Niro expressed the identical sentiment at the Tony awards about Trump. The audience applauded as if he had said something clever. Where’s Noel Coward when we need him?

There was a time when craftsmanship counted for something when you set out to insult someone.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    They only occupy the overpass on Sundays. My daughter will not leave her home to shop on a Sunday because they repulse her so driving by.
    Jeez. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I always wonder why anyone feels the need to advertise their beliefs on signs and bumper stickers. What does it accomplish? Seems pretty low class to me and certainly isn't contributing to our rapidly disappearing civility towards each other.
    Don't care what party or candidate such filthy language is totally inappropriate IMO. This guy actually had it on his house. Low class... you betcha!

Thread Information