Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: May frugals

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,418
    Honestly Jeppy until today I never heard of a “primer” as facial make up.
    me either, so you put house paint on your face ...
    Trees don't grow on money

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,351
    It's too bad y'all have never heard of primers for your skin! Here is a little info about primers for sensitive skin:

    https://www.byrdie.com/primer-for-sensitive-skin

    You only get one face, so I believe in taking care of your skin as much as possible. Obviously, not everyone feels the same way. But my mom took great care of her skin and always looked 10-15 years younger than her cohort. Still does, in fact. . . .

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,351
    Just put my houseplants out in the window boxes, which is where they started last summer. doing this, I was able to fill two boxes with the addition of 16 dollars worth of plants at Lowes yesterday, including a nine dollar (overpriced) lavender and two 6 packs of petunias. I may add something later for color and visual interest, but they are off to a good start.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,418
    It's too bad y'all have never heard of primers for your skin! Here is a little info about primers for sensitive skin:

    https://www.byrdie.com/primer-for-sensitive-skin

    You only get one face, so I believe in taking care of your skin as much as possible. Obviously, not everyone feels the same way. But my mom took great care of her skin and always looked 10-15 years younger than her cohort. Still does, in fact. .
    Oh I've always worn little makeup, maybe I should but I mostly don't. So I'd expect to be somewhat clueless.

    But if anything I suspect not putting chemicals on your face is less damage to the skin, with the possible exception of moisturizers, sunscreen, and antioxidants.
    Trees don't grow on money

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,351
    I haven't worn make-up in over 15 years. I look how I look and don't feel the need to spend the time or the money changing how I look. But that's me.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,351
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I haven't worn make-up in over 15 years. I look how I look and don't feel the need to spend the time or the money changing how I look. But that's me.
    Sure, that's great. I don't wear makeup either. But I use Clinique moisturizer religiously and have for 46 years. My mom swore by Bonne Belle but they stopped making it. I am a big believer in things that you wear underneath makeup, like moisturizer or the primer that Yppej mentioned. My cousin, who taught dermatology at Harvard Medical School, always said the same thing. She has beautiful skin, and she is getting up there in age.

  7. #47
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It's too bad y'all have never heard of primers for your skin! Here is a little info about primers for sensitive skin:

    https://www.byrdie.com/primer-for-sensitive-skin

    You only get one face, so I believe in taking care of your skin as much as possible. Obviously, not everyone feels the same way. But my mom took great care of her skin and always looked 10-15 years younger than her cohort. Still does, in fact. . . .
    Having good skin is in my opinion 90% genetics.


    And then stay out of the sun (meaning, wear hat and sun screen.)


    Slathering crap on your face — won’t do anything for me.All the stuff in the comestics aisle won’t change the density and structure of my pores nor the muscle tone (or lack of it post menopause) of my face. People with different genetics—maybe will benefit, I don’t know. I do know that billions of $ are devoted to convincing women to slather the stuff on their face.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Having good skin is in my opinion 90% genetics.


    And then stay out of the sun (meaning, wear hat and sun screen.)


    Slathering crap on your face — won’t do anything for me.All the stuff in the comestics aisle won’t change the density and structure of my pores nor the muscle tone (or lack of it post menopause) of my face. People with different genetics—maybe will benefit, I don’t know. I do know that billions of $ are devoted to convincing women to slather the stuff on their face.
    I have seen some anti-vaxxers claim that recommending sunscreen is another scam by the medical establishment to sell products. Do you believe this?

    I did notice in the past few years a push to say that sunscreen is only good for one year and you must keep buying more instead of using what you have on hand.

    Sunscreen is built into the few products I put on my face.

  9. #49
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have seen some anti-vaxxers claim that recommending sunscreen is another scam by the medical establishment to sell products. Do you believe this?

    I did notice in the past few years a push to say that sunscreen is only good for one year and you must keep buying more instead of using what you have on hand.

    Sunscreen is built into the few products I put on my face.
    sunscreen is a good thing. That is my position.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    sunscreen is a good thing. That is my position.
    So you slather non-crap on your face?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •