Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Finally getting back on track with some regular daily and weekly to-do's. Have weekly breakfast made and three days of my salad meals for work. Made dinner last night and cooking dinner for tonight now (I eat early and the rest of the family whenever they get home). Have sourdough bread rising and should be able to get it baked before I leave for work.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

3 months ago I helped a friend move out of a crappy facility to a nice apartment in another facility because he can afford something nice. It was a lot of paperwork, doctors appointments and physically packing and unpacking him. Now he’s been in and out of the hospital and has to move to a apartment in the assisted living section so packed him again yesterday and will unpack Thursday. However, once he is in assisted living they will handle all his doctor appointments, etc so I will be done with that and the biggest job was managing and setting up his 14 medications.

So nice of you to help out, TT.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Had a "play day" yesterday, so a lot to get done today. So far, very productive: clothes out on the line, sourdough pizza crust made and ready for dinner tonight, a loaf of bread made, breakfast casserole for the week made. Still need to pay bills and make my salad for work meals.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Started cleaning the outside of the kitchen cabinets. Cleaned the top half yesterday and polished today. Tomorrow will clean bottom and next day polish. You would think this is no big deal but it sure hurts my hands and knees. The part that is completed sure looks nice though. I used Liquid Gold and it does an amazing job IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    3 months ago I helped a friend move out of a crappy facility to a nice apartment in another facility because he can afford something nice. It was a lot of paperwork, doctors appointments and physically packing and unpacking him. Now he’s been in and out of the hospital and has to move to a apartment in the assisted living section so packed him again yesterday and will unpack Thursday. However, once he is in assisted living they will handle all his doctor appointments, etc so I will be done with that and the biggest job was managing and setting up his 14 medications.
    Terry: You've been a good friend to people struggling to navigate some of these late life nightmare scenarios. Kudos to you.

Rosa, the people that I have helped just didn’t have kids or others to help. This guy’s wife married him for a green card and never worked once they married. Then when he got Parkinson’s disease she divorced him and took half of everything. She’s always been a horrible person and he has always been kind and caring. We have been friends for 25 years. I have helped 4 friends. I am really sore from all the packing and unpacking and need my chiropractor.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Started cleaning the outside of the kitchen cabinets. Cleaned the top half yesterday and polished today. Tomorrow will clean bottom and next day polish. You would think this is no big deal but it sure hurts my hands and knees. The part that is completed sure looks nice though. I used Liquid Gold and it does an amazing job IMO.
    I REALLY need to do this, but REALLY have no desire to even start. LOL. Thanks for the reminder.

TT - you are an amazing friend! Finally broke down and bought a deck box (plastic, ugh!) for our patio cushions and chair-umbrellas, etc. in anticipation of our shed clear out. I've been hanging them in the shed for years, but there's this little red squirrel who simply can't be kept out of the shed, and she and her kits turn everything into a big playground! So before they pull the stuffing out of all of the cushions, they - the cushions- need a new home. ANYWAY - DH and c#2 put it together yesterday, so I can put stuff in it as soon as I can reach said stuff. Today, we cleaned out our tiny pond and started up the new filter. The fish seem happy! This was their 3rd winter in the pond, and they are the first fish we've had more than one summer. I start with 4-5 feeder goldfish, and by summer's end, the racoons, outside cats, and big birds have usually gotten them all. But this batch, for some reason, avoided all predators and survived. They are about 4, 4.5 inches now, and I have a screen over to keep them safer. I've gotten rather attached to them! So, those are my biggies this week - pond clean, box assembled. :- )

Early: I would love to see pictures of your pond!

Thread Information