Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ministry of Truth

The Ministry of Truth

Well folks, we are finally there. TruthSpeak is now an official federal government mandate.

Our President Biden created a czar of disinformation who will determine what is TRUE and what is UNTRUE.

wow, this is a precedent that makes me VERY uncomfortable. And honestly it doesn’t really matter which political side runs it because the TRUTH will vary depending on who is in The White House.
    If you think President Trump in his next term is going to cut that position, think again.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...nment-00029103

Yppej
    It's not like we don't have a lot of fact checking websites out there.

The “Disinformation Governance Board”. Wow.

I don't know, how is this anything new under the sun? Because it's something people want to panic about today?

I mean the U.S. government produces propaganda and always has, mostly about foreign policy. It does that now. What exactly did anyone think The Voice of America was? And it has been allowed for a long time to use this propaganda in the u.s., this was that Smith-Mundt Modernization Act.

And really does one expect them NOT to counter Russian propaganda when the U.S. is escalating in war with Russia (yes a war initially caused by Russian invasion of Ukraine, yes things seem to be escalating in terms of u.s. involvement)? I am not saying I favor this escalation, I can't see much good coming of it, what is the end goal? But it is the situation. And being that, one then expects the u.s. to declare informational one-sided disarmament?
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 5-2-22 at 2:43pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

As far as bias goes, Politico does tend to lean slightly to the left... in case you were wondering (from Questioned answered website).

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    As far as bias goes, Politico does tend to lean slightly to the left... in case you were wondering (from Questioned answered website).
    Yes, I was careful to select a “non-biased” i.e. lefty presentation of the Ministry of truth. Because otherwise it would be shooting the messenger for ya’ll.

Americans are so cute with their self-perceived "left/right" scale.

"cute"

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Americans are so cute with their self-perceived "left/right" scale.
    I think social, cultural and political norms vary somewhat between countries so Americans can usually have a pretty good sense where something or someone rests on the "left/right" scale without being expected to factor in another country's norms. I'm not sure "cute" is the word to describe thinking otherwise.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And Politico just announced it obtained an early draft of the US Supreme Courts ruling on Roe versus Wade. The majority ruling is overturning Roe. I wonder, does that mean (if true) that states may regulate abortion however they wish?

Thread Information