Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    As people age and don't need to worry about pregnancy seems to me they quit thinking choice is important. It'd be interesting to see if the 50 and above had the same opinion 30 years ago....
    Wrong! People I know have either not changed their opinion or become more tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My opinion on this issue has never wavered. This is true for all my boomer friends and relatives, as well.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Here are interesting data from Gallup over the course of a few years: Those who identify as "pro-life" vs "pro-choice."

Draw your own conclusions.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/...ic-tables.aspx
    That was interesting, Catherine. Thanks for sharing.

Well, good news for the pro choice camp - the people most likely to identify as pro life are also the people most likely to die of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Well, good news for the pro choice camp - the people most likely to identify as pro life are also the people most likely to die of covid.
    Now there’s a statement that encapsulates the sickness of our times.

Yppej
    Vaccinated people are forming a growing percentage of those hospitalized for and dying of covid:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/breakt...ry?id=84627182

Gloating is not in order. You are not morally superior to other people if you haven't contracted a respiratory virus - yet - that you know of. Give it time. You will.

Sorry, sometimes forget tone is important and I am socially atypical.

said in the same spirit in which I said “well, milking will be easier this year” when one of my dairy goats died eight days before her kids would have been viable.

i wasn’t gloating.

Anyone that’s been on this forum long knows you weren’t gloating CL. It’s sad.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This is such a difficult topic for me, in a way I'm thinking not all here will understand. So much of my life has been about surviving the extreme inequality and toxicity of this citizenship.

But I'm doing much better these days...I'm not in that place now. What does that mean? Realistically?

I have the rare right and ability to think of a heated issue such as this in moral and ethical terms - not in terms of surviving the US and it's bottom of the barrel metrics for the developed world. I find that it's not easy to contemplate heated issues when there is not a surviving the.US component involved - there almost always has been in the past. I also feel less confident in my takes if there is not a survival component involved.

At least this coming Wednesday I will be in Mexico again - familiar and comfortable turf.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post

I have the rare right and ability to think of a heated issue such as this in moral and ethical terms - not in terms of surviving the US and it's bottom of the barrel metrics for the developed world. I find that it's not easy to contemplate heated issues when there is not a surviving the.US component involved - there almost always has been in the past. I also feel less confident in my takes if there is not a survival component involved.
    Would we call your special analytical viewpoint Critical Rob Theory?

Thread Information