Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So is your concern that teachers are going to be randomly sharing inappropriate gender specific topics with kids? If it is can you provide some examples of that happening. And if not i look forward to hearing what your concern actually is.
    I am countering Jane’s idea that there is “private “instruction. Of course there isn’t. Perhaps that’s not really what she meant. Are you saying there is? How does that take place? Or you could give some specific examples.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No is that my impression that that is the generally accepted path, because a class room teacher can’t wait for every student to ask and then give private instruction. Instructions given at general age appropriate times but some kids are ready some kids are not but one size fits all.
    Reading your subsequent responses I am 100% unclear what you were trying to say in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    YOU'RE doctor-resistant!

Aside from the several hours it took to sleep off the anesthetic, the last time I was in the hospital was to attend my birth. I never had a moment's doubt that my tubal ligation was the right choice. I had it when I was 29, after a consultation a year earlier. I've heard horror stories about women being refused; I'm thankful that mine was hassle-free.
    Have a sibling who went to schedule one and the doctor would not sign off until after he talked to her husband and got HIS "okay".WTF?????
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Have a sibling who went to schedule one and the doctor would not sign off until after he talked to her husband and got HIS "okay".WTF?????
    Why would a doc sign off on that. Then the woman would be free to have all the sex she wanted without fear of nanny G coming to punish her. Can’t have that…

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Why would a doc sign off on that. Then the woman would be free to have all the sex she wanted without fear of nanny G coming to punish her. Can’t have that…
    Plus the doctor might have been worried about liability concerns from damaging the man's property.

I’m having a hard time following your logic since we’re talking about children in foster care, that was your query.

There’s quite a huge demand for newly born babies, so newborn babies with parental rights relinquished are quite a different animal than the foster children you started talking about. If they really are one and the same in your mind then I don’t really know how to talk with you.
    The key here being "parental rights relinquished" which is where the foster care system comes in and where that newborn infant becomes a three - four - five year old, then often considered "damaged". Most of your adoptions of "newborns" are done through private agencies or are private lawyer adoptions or illegally and are very, very, very expensive.

Edited to add: Many people who look to adopt through the foster care system become foster parents as "foster - adopt" and then wait for that infant assignment. They then must fulfill the role of foster parent until the relinquishment of parental rights, which usually gives them first option for the adoption.(As long as there are no qualified biological relatives wanting custody.) The benefit they have has been in fostering the child as an infant and, even if it takes a couple years for relinquishment, they have been the care-givers the entire time.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Most of your adoptions of "newborns" are done through private agencies or are private lawyer adoptions or illegally and are very, very, very expensive.
    Yes, my sister and her husband made quite a bit of money selling their children. They had one deal fall through for a bit, and brought the newborn home for several months, so my two nieces that they kept got to see the wee bairn for a while before it got sold again.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Plus the doctor might have been worried about liability concerns from damaging the man's property.
    1990's women were still considered to be "man's property"? ROFLOL. Men and the silly ideas they had.

And men with those ideas today?

Edited to add: Gotta love an icon for almost every situation.

I think there are so many issues about human reproduction in relation to abortion and adoption and parental rights that we could have some very interesting discussions here.
    Too bad we fall into the familiar old grooves of bludgeoning these points “dead babies!” “Controlling women!” And etc . This group is unable to move all those dimes.

I think there are so many issues about human reproduction in relation to abortion and adoption and parental rights that we could have some very interesting discussions here.
    Too bad we fall into the familiar old grooves of bludgeoning these points “dead babies!” “Controlling women!” And etc . This group is unable to move all those dimes.
    Experiences and discussion beyond "dead babies", "controlling women", etc are being discussed, but - face it - these and other points ARE issues which ARE part of human reproduction, abortion, adoption, parental rights, etc.

Thread Information