Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    You're an expert on sex too - along with everything else. Pat yourself on the back, you are such an awesome Renaissance man. Who can compare to you?
    It must be horrible to have such a constrained life that you can't imagine people having expertise in a variety of subjects.

I can point you at some counseling resources in your area.

Perhaps someone can explain to me how viewing every failed pregnancy as a potential criminal act is at all reasonable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JannekePa...scarriages-too

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Here's the research/reference library on human sexuality in my "office"... If folks at a younger age studied and understood just a handful of those texts, I think they'd have a more satisfying and healthy emotional and sexual life.
    That's an interesting list of titles in your library. In your informed opinion, at what age should we begin teaching young people about alternate genders, sadomachism and assorted kink?

And on a side note, how do you tie those into a discussion of Roe vs Wade?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's an interesting list of titles in your library. In your informed opinion, at what age should we begin teaching young people about alternate genders and sadomachism?
    Not all of those texts are for all audiences. You know this of course....

I mean, my math/physics library contains a copy of Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler's "Gravitation", but I wouldn't take that to a middle/high school science class....

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In my experience, most men don't have a clue about sex. Most women, too, but the burden of disappointment falls overwhelmingly on the poor ladies.

I note that the forces busily trying to eliminate abortion and reproductive healthcare services are also seemingly opposed to education about sexuality.

Here's the research/reference library on human sexuality in my "office"... If folks at a younger age studied and understood just a handful of those texts, I think they'd have a more satisfying and healthy emotional and sexual life.

If you really pored through all that material on sex, I’m impressed you found the time to have any.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Sure, with full anesthesia. That’s some heavy duty surgery right there in my book.
    There was no pain-- just muscle stiffness from the gas inflation for about a day, and nausea from the anesthetic. Surgery was in the morning, and I left before my surgeon's visit in the afternoon because my ride arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My main reason for not doing that is because I am physician resistant. Every couple years I would think gosh I should do that. Then I would think oh no then you have to go to the doctor, and a hospital or clinic is involved. And etc.

I’m soon to be 68 years old and have never spent a day in the hospital or clinic as an adult. When I was a kid I was in the hospital a few times.
    YOU'RE doctor-resistant!

Aside from the several hours it took to sleep off the anesthetic, the last time I was in the hospital was to attend my birth. I never had a moment's doubt that my tubal ligation was the right choice. I had it when I was 29, after a consultation a year earlier. I've heard horror stories about women being refused; I'm thankful that mine was hassle-free.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If you really pored through all that material on sex, I’m impressed you found the time to have any.
    I guess I'm bibliosexual :-)

I read 1-2 books a day, like clockwork. (Reading quite rapidly, and having near-total control of my own time helps a lot). A few years back, I donated ~6000 volumes to the library book sale, which was quite a few pickup-trucks full. This made space for...MORE BOOKS! I mostly have switched to Kindle to reduce the clutter, but I still purchase a few physical books, especially if I intend to loan them out to people.

"In my experience, most men don't have a clue about sex. Most women, too, but the burden of disappointment falls overwhelmingly on the poor ladies.

I note that the forces busily trying to eliminate abortion and reproductive healthcare services are also seemingly opposed to education about sexuality."

They seem to be opposed to many--if not all--contraceptives, as well.
    I suspect they're mostly latter-day Puritans at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's an interesting list of titles in your library. In your informed opinion, at what age should we begin teaching young people about alternate genders, sadomachism and assorted kink?

And on a side note, how do you tie those into a discussion of Roe vs Wade?
    Bolding mine. Isn't it generally accepted that you explain concepts--at an age-appropriate level of language--when the student asks?

Thread Information