Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

When I had an IUD (granted, decades ago), the warnings to their use still included possible pregnancy, heavier period, infection and the risk that the IUD could possibly move/relocate in uterus or actually come out.
    the infection risk was with earlier forms of IUDs, that issue is largely fixed.

Granted, like pretty much all methods of birth control, the percentages of such things happening were small, but still possible. Just an fyi from my experience.
    compared to the health risks of pregnancy it's like comparing the risks of the covid vaccine to the risk of getting covid without a vaccine IMO. In other words the vaccine may have rare risks, but it's really no comparison.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    For those who don't want a pregnancy under any circumstances, I recommend tubal ligation--no drugs, quick recovery, and--at least in my case, no side effects but peace of mind.
    My main reason for not doing that is because I am physician resistant. Every couple years I would think gosh I should do that. Then I would think oh no then you have to go to the doctor, and a hospital or clinic is involved. And etc.

I’m soon to be 68 years old and have never spent a day in the hospital or clinic as an adult. When I was a kid I was in the hospital a few times.

Yppej
    My tubal ligation was an outpatient surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My tubal ligation was an outpatient surgery.
    Sure, with full anesthesia. That’s some heavy duty surgery right there in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Go get that ladies.
    If I were a woman of childbearing age in one of the restrictive states, I'd not have intercourse with men (or Republican women) until the laws were changed to respect my agency.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If I were a woman of childbearing age in one of the restrictive states, I'd not have intercourse with men (or Republican women) until the laws were changed to respect my agency.

Well, I think a more thoughtful approach to sex that could result in procreation is not a bad thing, but the Lysistrata analogy has been invoked all over the Internet. I personally think it’s Impractical, but I don’t think it’s meant as a practical solution.
    But whatever. Choose your sexual partners based on whatever tenuous criteria you wish. It’s a free country.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-10-22 at 5:18pm.

and the thing is it isn't the sacrifice men think it is either. It might be that much of a sacrifice for (probably young) men, but men really need to stop projecting their ultra high sex drives on to women (and then hating women for it).
    Trees don't grow on money

I think that's a very reasonable approach. It might need someone to create a movement in order to make a real difference, but it's so crazy it just might work!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    and the thing is it isn't the sacrifice men think it is either. It might be that much of a sacrifice for (probably young) men, but men really need to stop projecting their ultra high sex drives on to women (and then hating women for it).
    In my experience, most men don't have a clue about sex. Most women, too, but the burden of disappointment falls overwhelmingly on the poor ladies.

I note that the forces busily trying to eliminate abortion and reproductive healthcare services are also seemingly opposed to education about sexuality.

Here's the research/reference library on human sexuality in my "office"... If folks at a younger age studied and understood just a handful of those texts, I think they'd have a more satisfying and healthy emotional and sexual life.

Yppej
    In my experience, most men don't have a clue about sex. Most women, too, but the burden of disappointment falls overwhelmingly on the poor ladies.

I note that the forces busily trying to eliminate abortion and reproductive healthcare services are also seemingly opposed to education about sexuality.

Here's the research/reference library on human sexuality in my "office"... If folks at a younger age studied and understood just a handful of those texts, I think they'd have a more satisfying and healthy emotional and sexual life.

You're an expert on sex too - along with everything else. Pat yourself on the back, you are such an awesome Renaissance man. Who can compare to you?

Thread Information