Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Doesn't the draft decision mention problems with "the domestic supply of infants"?...

I bet there's some unpacking to be done there...
    Bigger tax base, unfortunately also bigger welfare base and....
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So what is the answer for the "damaged" children? Just let them age out of foster care and whatever happens to them as they stumble through life happens?
    More prison slave labor.

Because

Roe verses Wade, well how about a motor on that boat.

So what is the answer for the "damaged" children? Just let them age out of foster care and whatever happens to them as they stumble through life happens?
    Gee I don’t know what nanny G can do with her laws and taxing to solve this social problem. I’m sure you can think of something (largely impractical and liberty limiting) though!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Gee I don’t know what nanny G can do with her laws and taxing to solve this social problem. I’m sure you can think of something (largely impractical and liberty limiting) though!
    I can yeah. I imagine that there would be a lot more of these kids today if women who knew they weren’t capable of raising them were unable to have abortions as undoubtedly someone subset of those women have been doing. But if we’re going to let the nanny g force every pregnant woman to carry the baby to term then yeah, we need to plan on nanny g taking responsibility for those kids.

I can yeah. I imagine that there would be a lot more of these kids today if women who knew they weren’t capable of raising them were unable to have abortions as undoubtedly someone subset of those women have been doing. But if we’re going to let the nanny g force every pregnant woman to carry the baby to term then yeah, we need to plan on nanny g taking responsibility for those kids.
    I’m having a hard time following your logic since we’re talking about children in foster care, that was your query.

There’s quite a huge demand for newly born babies, so newborn babies with parental rights relinquished are quite a different animal than the foster children you started talking about. If they really are one and the same in your mind then I don’t really know how to talk with you.

Theoretically, a woman forced to carry her pregnancy to term might try to raise the resulting child and fail at the task, leaving the offspring in foster care.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Theoretically, a woman forced to carry her pregnancy to term might try to raise the resulting child and fail at the task, leaving the offspring in foster care.
    Exactly. If there are X number of ‘damaged’ kids in foster care today, once women no longer have bodily autonomy there will likely be 2x or 3x times as many kids in foster care. What is the Republican plan for dealing with that? I suspect it’s about as well thought out as their never presented plan to replace the ACA. In other words they will shrug their damn shoulders and then wail and screech about all these kids once they reach adulthood without the ability to live in society.

I believe I have related the sordid tale of my sister on these forums before. She and her abusive husband, to support their on-the-lam life of crime, would arrange a pregnancy to get free off-the-radar housing and food from various well-intentioned religious groups, and then "sell" the baby. I've found several of the kids so far, and they are all doing far better than the two children my sister managed to keep.

Whenever they would get caught by law enforcement with a pregnancy-in-progress, my sister would abort the child, because it is dreadfully inconvenient to be pregnant in prison.

Fun times.

Bolding mine. Isn't it generally accepted that you explain concepts--at an age-appropriate level of language--when the student asks?
    No is that my impression that that is the generally accepted path, because a class room teacher can’t wait for every student to ask and then give private instruction. Instructions given at general age appropriate times but some kids are ready some kids are not but one size fits all.

Oh is THAT the connecting dot? Yes I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No is that my impression that that is the generally accepted path, because a class room teacher can’t wait for every student to ask and then give private instruction. Instructions given at general age appropriate times but some kids are ready some kids are not but one size fits all.
    So is your concern that teachers are going to be randomly sharing inappropriate gender specific topics with kids? If it is can you provide some examples of that happening. And if not i look forward to hearing what your concern actually is.

Thread Information