Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medium

Medium

Yesterday I had my first reading with a medium. This is something I have been thinking about for several months but decided to do it in hopes I could get some guidance on my mother's situation.

It was an amazing experience. She explained before we started that it was like pictionary, she gets pictures or symbols or words, along with the presence of someone who comes through to communicate.

I had no reason to think it would or would not be successful. I did not have a preconceived idea that such experiences were "real" or "fake." I selected her from the mediums registered at Lily Dale, since I had seen a movie and read a book on it after someone suggested that I go to Lily Dale, since she had done so and had and very accurate reading, with details that no one could have known.

So I hoped it would yield something but I was pretty neutral going in.

She quickly honed in on my dad, and gave me messages from him, and that was a wonderful experience, and she said he wanted to talk about my mother, which was what I wanted, too, so it was very comforting.

So we did that, and he was very reassuring about what is going on with her, and not to worry so much about her.

The medium identified my grandmother and my uncle by name. "Is there someone named ____?" Both times she was right. She identified two aunts, one by first initial, and one with a message for me, and came through with a message from my other grandmother. She did not name that grandmother but gave a very interesting message that made sense in light of our shared history, and the same from my maternal aunt.

She had a message from my last dog, which was extremely wonderful to hear. It was also very strange, since we normally don't "hear" what our dogs are thinking and want to tell us.

Finally, we talked about more generalized messages for me, in some depth about one of my granddaughters and one of my sons. She was spot on in perceiving their individual personalities, and was also accurate in describing the personalities of my father, my grandmother, another of my sons, and another of my granddaughters.

She also mentioned three names I did not recognize immediately, and one she said was a friend of my father's, that in heaven you hang out with friends as well as family. I still don't know who the other name was.

Anyway, that was my experience. It was very powerful and healing. It was like getting confirmation of all the things you hope for.

It was also not what I expected--I definitely recognized Dad but he was rather transformed, it was kind of communicating with essence of Dad, if that makes sense. And the things she was talking about that they were communicating were not the things I would have thought, exactly. They definitely felt there were coming from other consciousnesses.

One other thing that was funny is that I told her my dad did not believe in an afterlife and did not think he would get to see his brother again. She started laughing and said, "Well, they are standing right there together, very happy to be together again, so I guess he was wrong." He was also estranged (in his own mind) from his dead mother, and was rather bitter about her, but she was the first person the medium identified by name and standing there with him. So that was really interesting.

Just wanted to share the experience. It left me reeling, and felt very out of time--I have no idea how long we talked. It also felt very healing.

TY for Sharing this. It’s very interesting.

I have no interest in communicating with the dead, or so I thought, until you mentioned your message from your dog. My bulldog who died two years and four months ago is who I really miss at times. With all other dead beings from my life, I have no outstanding issues or concerns or curiosities or need to hear from them. They are dead. I am living. We are in different worlds.

But Teddy Bear, man, I’d like to hear from him again. He is standing in the foyer of the house of the dead in my mind, while all the others, people and pets, have moved on to the back of the house.

Interesting...Regarding deceased pets, I have had a Siamese cat as pets since I was a little girl. I like to think each one contains the sprit of the previous one.

Nice, Tybee. It sounds like a really good experience. I have been to a couple of "group" things, and never got singled-out. But it was all very interesting. Glad your reading ended up being so healing and beneficial for you.
    Last edited by happystuff; 5-6-22 at 1:25pm.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have had many readings through the years but only one was spot on like yours. This woman knew things about me that I never told anyone. I wish I knew someone good because I would love to communicate with my mom and aunt as well as a few of my past pets. I had a dream that woke me up a week after Noki died and I believe it was him telling me that he was fine and saying goodbye. I don’t believe in heaven or hell but think our energy lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have had many readings through the years but only one was spot on like yours. This woman knew things about me that I never told anyone. I wish I knew someone good because I would love to communicate with my mom and aunt as well as a few of my past pets. I had a dream that woke me up a week after Noki died and I believe it was him telling me that he was fine and saying goodbye. I don’t believe in heaven or hell but think our energy lives on.

i have had the pet dreams telling me they are fine in death.

Tybee, I'm so glad you found some peace and resolution from this medium.

I've had "mini-readings"--walk-ins--twice: in Sonoma, CA and in Red Bank, NJ. I remember they were both interesting and reassuring in a strange way. I would love to get messages from loved ones, and yes, I include Laddie and Nessie in that list.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Last year I went to a garage sale and the woman running it starting talking to me. She said she had a message for me and relayed things impossible for anyone else to know. It really was interesting. She had to quit talking when more people showed up. I was skeptical previously but this experience really bowled me over.

Yeah, bowled over, that is how I felt, too. For that to happen at a garage sale!

The doggie was completely unexpected. She had a very distinct personality too, and it wasn't like she just showed up, she had things to say. I think that shocked me the most.

What an experience--and I love that you heard from your dog!

Although I tend to be skeptical of people who claim to be psychics or mediums--I think it's rare that people can reliably tap into that sort of energy--I do believe in the general concept. I've had a few experiences that convinced me.

I always picture my father and my SO hanging out together in the afterlife. My father, never a sentimental man, was once asked by a doctor how many children he had. He answered "three," and we all looked surprised until he established that he included my beloved in the number. Clearly, SO was one of my few successes in my parents' eyes.

Thread Information