Thread: Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing everyone a happy Mother's Day.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Same to you, Happystuff. The weather here is finally sunny and warming up.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yes, happy Mother’s Day to all the moms here Including dog and cat moms!

Made mom brunch, chili relano casserole, tend to alternate between that and raspberry and blueberry coffee cake.
    Trees don't grow on money

I was working in the garden and heard a kerfuffle in a spruce tree. A robin built her nest about 5 feet above the ground. I took a picture, and then "evacuated" in hopes that this mother would return to her well-built nest.

000_0616 (2).jpg

Hoping everyone had a great day! My stepson texted me and I heard from all 3 of my kids. My oldest son and Dil worked today so taking me out to lunch this week and my youngest bought my favorite candy. It was 46, windy and snowed which melted. Spring is back Wednesday.

We went with the simple type of celebration that was so successful at Easter, showing up at Mom's with danish, fresh mixed berries, chocolate-covered strawberries, and fresh-squeezed OJ for a quick and easy brunch. Mom was delighted, and it turns out she prefers her berries covered in chocolate. Market Basket's finest for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I was working in the garden and heard a kerfuffle in a spruce tree. A robin built her nest about 5 feet above the ground. I took a picture, and then "evacuated" in hopes that this mother would return to her well-built nest.

000_0616 (2).jpg
    From 20 yards distance today I saw that the Mothers Day Robin was back... I assume she was never far from the nest, and after I cleared out, she returned immediately.

On Mother's Day we watched a momma groundhog gathering leaves in her mouth and bringing them under our shed, so it looks like a crop of baby groundhogs are on the horizon. I'm sure they will be pleased about all the sunflower, zinnia and cosmos that I've started from seed.

Thread Information