Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Purge

May Purge

4 magazine boxes of about 4 years of church magazines (now all available on our phone), 1 box of "American Girl" magazines - oldest girl 40 yrs and youngest 26 years...and yet we still had them. They have all had boys!

Simon electronic game, 2 board games, we have about a dozen more we are keeping - none of which we have played in 10+ years. If they play board games it usually is some new trending game the kids have picked up. These were all DW's purge. I would have toss all but Yahtzee, Monopoly and Scrabble - classics. Baby steps.

I’m really debating letting go plant society publications that are not available digitally. I’ve got 50 North American Lily society quarterly bulletins that are not at all easy to access elsewhere. But I never use it! Even though theoretically I think Missouri botanical Gardens library probably has back issues of this publication, but I am not gonna go into that rarefied place to look up old publications. Same dilemma for the iris regional bulletin which does not exist in digital form.

Yet these things take up half a bookshelf, so that’s not really much.

My other group of plant material publications is: specialty catalogs. I keep Iris and Lily catalogs for 10 years. The Iris world is very well organized digitally and it has a digital representation of every new introduction. But I think, well, what if I need those pretty pictures for an Iris sale? I don’t know.

I’m pretty good at tossing all that needs to be tossed, but I’m gonna hang onto this one shelf of material for a while longer.

DD was waiting at our house for the postman to arrive...waiting for several online purchases. It is handy picking them up at mom and dad's seems no one is at her home during the day
    and she can leave all the packaging material with us to deal with! A win win in her book!

We decided to take advantage of the captive audience and started hauling her stuff out of the bedroom closet - clothes, CDs, Baby Beans (she is 26 year old), old school stuff, knicky knacky stuff. Got rid of a lot of stuff! Her mom and I were doing high 5's as we headed back in forth down the haul with each new load! Oh there is more, but we made great head ways! So satisfying! She said I don't have room for this - and we said "either do we"! Take it or it gets donated or tossed...!

Nice job, Greg!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have a big box of dishes and pans to drop off at the thrift store today.

Nice,tt!

I haven't purged yet, but have a pickup date scheduled for next month... after our town wide yard sale. Love that I'll be able to donate anything that doesn't sell.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I went into Twitter all excited and followed a bunch of people and now I am whittling that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have a big box of dishes and pans to drop off at the thrift store today.
    I have boxes of kitchen stuff sitting around this house in Hermann, but I’m gonna let it sit for a while until I bring things from my city house and put in kitchen cabinets. I will end up just seeing several boxes of kitchen things.

They are going to our neighborhood church that outfits peoples homes and they are newly setting up housekeeping.

DD again a captive audience. Went through a bag of graduation (HS) cards we had been holding on to (graduated 7 or 8 years ago?). 90% got tossed.

Went to my parent's place and picked up some sewing supplies and other stuff. Decided everything else can be donated. Parents convinced one of the local charities they have enough to donate for them to send a truck. Stuffed is boxed or in bags and is ready to go.

Thread Information