Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: May Purge

  1. #11
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,742
    I am afraid to say this out loud because I might jinx it. Wonder of wonders, DH has cleaned out his closet and gotten rid of clothing he has not touched in 35 years.


    Buried in the drek is a vintage Levi’s ski jacket that I could probably get a few bucks for if I still had a functioning sellers account on eBay. As it is, I will drop it off at a vintage clothing store because I’m afraid it might be overlooked if I dropped it at a thrift store.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am afraid to say this out loud because I might jinx it. Wonder of wonders, DH has cleaned out his closet and gotten rid of clothing he has not touched in 35 years.


    Buried in the drek is a vintage Levi’s ski jacket that I could probably get a few bucks for if I still had a functioning sellers account on eBay. As it is, I will drop it off at a vintage clothing store because I’m afraid it might be overlooked if I dropped it at a thrift store.
    This could be not just a purge but a rave!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,351
    Not really a purge, but moving my houseplants to the window boxes means I can spread out my orchids on the newly vacated shelves. Feels great to have more space around each plant.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,338
    Miracles do happen IL).

  5. #15
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,013
    Having gone through and cleaned our closet the other day, I have 7 articles of my clothing set to go out the door today to women in my town via our FB give-away page. My DH is giving up a Levi's denim trucker's jacket (must be something in the air, IL!), and I am going to try to sell that on eBay, along with at least some of the 23 Brooks Brothers ties he is relinquishing.

  6. #16
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Miracles do happen IL).
    I know, amazing isn’t it!


    Yesterday I took all the clothes to the dumpster Except for the Levi’s ski jacket. No these are not clothes that should go to the thrift store. A thrift store should not be burdened with them. Believe me when I say that because I shop at thrift stores.

    I did sift through everything to make sure he wasn’t tossing any of his auntie’s cashmere sweaters. Even though there were several ugly hand knit sweaters in the group, none of the Scottish made cashmere items were in the pile.

  7. #17
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not really a purge, but moving my houseplants to the window boxes means I can spread out my orchids on the newly vacated shelves. Feels great to have more space around each plant.
    I've always been afraid to bring my houseplants outside for the summer, because then it will look like there is space available in the house, and I will buy more plants...

  8. #18
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Having gone through and cleaned our closet the other day, I have 7 articles of my clothing set to go out the door today to women in my town via our FB give-away page. My DH is giving up a Levi's denim trucker's jacket (must be something in the air, IL!), and I am going to try to sell that on eBay, along with at least some of the 23 Brooks Brothers ties he is relinquishing.
    Rosa come back and let us know how much you get for that jacket, I am curious.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,999
    I got out my two boxes of summer clothes and exchanged for winter clothes. Came up with one paper sack of clothes to donate. Finally getting rid of a small 1980s stereo set too which we saved all these years because it plays CDs.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,147
    Working on removing sod. I do not want grass to grow tall, do not have a mower. It creeps in places.

    Also weeding.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •