Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May Purge

I am afraid to say this out loud because I might jinx it. Wonder of wonders, DH has cleaned out his closet and gotten rid of clothing he has not touched in 35 years.

Buried in the drek is a vintage Levi’s ski jacket that I could probably get a few bucks for if I still had a functioning sellers account on eBay. As it is, I will drop it off at a vintage clothing store because I’m afraid it might be overlooked if I dropped it at a thrift store.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am afraid to say this out loud because I might jinx it. Wonder of wonders, DH has cleaned out his closet and gotten rid of clothing he has not touched in 35 years.

Buried in the drek is a vintage Levi’s ski jacket that I could probably get a few bucks for if I still had a functioning sellers account on eBay. As it is, I will drop it off at a vintage clothing store because I’m afraid it might be overlooked if I dropped it at a thrift store.
    This could be not just a purge but a rave!

Not really a purge, but moving my houseplants to the window boxes means I can spread out my orchids on the newly vacated shelves. Feels great to have more space around each plant.

Miracles do happen IL).

Having gone through and cleaned our closet the other day, I have 7 articles of my clothing set to go out the door today to women in my town via our FB give-away page. My DH is giving up a Levi's denim trucker's jacket (must be something in the air, IL!), and I am going to try to sell that on eBay, along with at least some of the 23 Brooks Brothers ties he is relinquishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Miracles do happen IL).
    I know, amazing isn’t it!

Yesterday I took all the clothes to the dumpster Except for the Levi’s ski jacket. No these are not clothes that should go to the thrift store. A thrift store should not be burdened with them. Believe me when I say that because I shop at thrift stores.

I did sift through everything to make sure he wasn’t tossing any of his auntie’s cashmere sweaters. Even though there were several ugly hand knit sweaters in the group, none of the Scottish made cashmere items were in the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not really a purge, but moving my houseplants to the window boxes means I can spread out my orchids on the newly vacated shelves. Feels great to have more space around each plant.
    I've always been afraid to bring my houseplants outside for the summer, because then it will look like there is space available in the house, and I will buy more plants...

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Having gone through and cleaned our closet the other day, I have 7 articles of my clothing set to go out the door today to women in my town via our FB give-away page. My DH is giving up a Levi's denim trucker's jacket (must be something in the air, IL!), and I am going to try to sell that on eBay, along with at least some of the 23 Brooks Brothers ties he is relinquishing.
    Rosa come back and let us know how much you get for that jacket, I am curious.

I got out my two boxes of summer clothes and exchanged for winter clothes. Came up with one paper sack of clothes to donate. Finally getting rid of a small 1980s stereo set too which we saved all these years because it plays CDs.

Working on removing sod. I do not want grass to grow tall, do not have a mower. It creeps in places.

Also weeding.

Thread Information