Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May Purge

2 of my 3 plants love it outside so they moved to my balcony yesterday until November. I had to pack my friend for a move to assisted living yesterday and downsized some clothes, dishes that he never uses. Right now he is in a rehab facility. He is cheap but the clothes weren’t suitable to be worn in public and he eats his meals in the dining room).

Sold 2 more pants on Poshmark Saturday, so dropped them at the post office yesterday. Found a tote bag with travel info for a trip to Yellowstone we didn't get to take last year because DS got married - so we redirected those funds to a wedding. At any rate, no more traveling for us at this point, so tossed the printouts and travel books into the recycling.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rosa come back and let us know how much you get for that jacket, I am curious.
    Will do, although it might be awhile before I get around to listing it. May is such a busy month!

Yppej
    A top whose seam busted. I am not good at mending and while I liked the pattern it was a relic of my dress code days in polyester I hope to never have another job where I have to dress up.

I got a nice thank-you message from the woman who got several of my clothing items. Her daughter had taken them from me on her mom's behalf. Mom thanked me for the items and remarked how nice they are and in such good condition. She broke her hip in March and hasn't been able to get out, so she was especially happy to get some new things. These were items I've had for awhile and no longer wear, mostly from my working days. Her note made me really happy, and I told her I would keep her in mind when I do my fall closet clean-out. I don't have many people I can pass my clothes along to because they are quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I got a nice thank-you message from the woman who got several of my clothing items. Her daughter had taken them from me on her mom's behalf. Mom thanked me for the items and remarked how nice they are and in such good condition. She broke her hip in March and hasn't been able to get out, so she was especially happy to get some new things. These were items I've had for awhile and no longer wear, mostly from my working days. Her note made me really happy, and I told her I would keep her in mind when I do my fall closet clean-out. I don't have many people I can pass my clothes along to because they are quite small.
    Amazing what such a small gesture as a Thank You note can do. Sounds like a win-win for you both.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That’s great Rosa! Nice to be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am afraid to say this out loud because I might jinx it. Wonder of wonders, DH has cleaned out his closet and gotten rid of clothing he has not touched in 35 years..
    DH is finally purging a lot of stuff, quite the accomplishment considering he can be quite the packrat being raised in a packrat family.

In other purging news, got rid of 3 books, one old picture which I actually took apart so I could recycle the glass and paper. Tossed the old frame and backing.

Dropped off old iron, solar light and busted christmas lights at the local electronic recycling.

Still have to make a run through the closet and a couple more drawers for clothing that can go.

Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    DH is finally purging a lot of stuff, quite the accomplishment considering he can be quite the packrat being raised in a packrat family.

In other purging news, got rid of 3 books, one old picture which I actually took apart so I could recycle the glass and paper. Tossed the old frame and backing.

Dropped off old iron, solar light and busted christmas lights at the local electronic recycling.

Still have to make a run through the closet and a couple more drawers for clothing that can go.
    After taking all of DH’s rejects to the dumpster, I checked his closet to see what he decided to keep. He threw away both suits which he hasn’t worn in decades, but he D I D keep his leisure suit which I approve of because it’s really more of a costume than a choice of clothing.

Leisure suit).

Thread Information