Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Went to Costco today and it was $3.66/gal. First time I saw it cheaper elsewhere for $3.58/gal.

My state legislature just passed a law that all new vehicles registered in the state must be electric by 2035.

The electric grid, which runs primarily on natural gas and other fossil fuels, won't be able to handle it. We'll have blackouts and brownouts.

Since 40% of electricity is lost over transmission lines people won't be able to afford it.

They should be looking at hydrogen fuel cells, off grid solar like Starflower, and micro grids with short transmission lines. I told my state rep. He thinks the answer to everything is offshore wind.

I predict the failure of his approach will be increasingly clear and the 2035 deadline will be pushed back as we approach that date.

I also predict ghost buyers in other states, then the registration of the no longer new car being transferred here for gas vehicles.

$4.50 here in the NW Chicago suburbs yesterday. It’s at least $1 less when I’m up in WI diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My state legislature just passed a law that all new vehicles registered in the state must be electric by 2035.

The electric grid, which runs primarily on natural gas and other fossil fuels, won't be able to handle it. We'll have blackouts and brownouts.

Since 40% of electricity is lost over transmission lines people won't be able to afford it.

They should be looking at hydrogen fuel cells, off grid solar like Starflower, and micro grids with short transmission lines. I told my state rep. He thinks the answer to everything is offshore wind.

I predict the failure of his approach will be increasingly clear and the 2035 deadline will be pushed back as we approach that date.

I also predict ghost buyers in other states, then the registration of the no longer new car being transferred here for gas vehicles.

Then there will be an issue of what is new?

If someone moves to the state, say with a 1971 beetle, to the state that is a new vehicle on its rolls.

We just paid $4.09 per gallon.

Ours went from 5.99 to 5.40.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Then there will be an issue of what is new?

If someone moves to the state, say with a 1971 beetle, to the state that is a new vehicle on its rolls.
    Okay---That is simple. Just repower your Woggen with an electric motor. It's already been done. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-30 (4).jpg2022-07-22 (8).jpg

$4.04 today.

$4.24 today here. I wonder what has changed since $5 gas? I predict someone will claim credit for reducing inflation once lower gas prices are reflected in the gov't inflation figures.

3.99 including the 20 cents off for rewards. No big headines about gas prices going down...

Thread Information