Page 39 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Law and order for the rabble, immunity for the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Considering that the head of the fbi was appointed by trump it’s pretty laughable the republicans screeching that this was a political hit job. But republicans aren’t big on logic and rationality so I can see how they come to that stupid conclusion.
    Raiding a residence isn’t the FBI’s call. So logic and rationality would seem to indicate that who appointed the Director isn’t especially relevant.

Expecting loyalty from an upper level bureaucrat also strikes me as naive.

So the question is…. trump said his residence was illegally searched. Garland just came on tv stating the warrant would become public unless trump objects within 24 hours (3 pm tomorrow). Will trump object?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    So the question is…. trump said his residence was illegally searched. Garland just came on tv stating the warrant would become public unless trump objects within 24 hours (3 pm tomorrow). Will trump object?
    It is unprecedented according to an NPR interviewee that contents of a search warrant are revealed by DOJ law enforcement. They just do not do that.

Trump could have himself revealed its contents over the last few days.

DOJ had better have something solid and BIG here or else they are propelling Trump into a White
    House run and victory given this high drama raid caper. Dangerous game they are playing.

And we are supposed to believe that Joe Biden did not know about this in advance? I don’t know what to think about that, but a front runner idea would be “who is running that place anyway? “

When would you issue a search warrant and when would you just subpoena the documents?

What kind of sentence did Sandy Berger get when they caught him with those documents down his pants? I’m pretty sure you lose your clearances after something like that. I would like Trump to be caught with something bad enough to torpedo any future candidacy and start purging the populists so the GOP can become conservative again.

With all the reports of Trump flushing documents down the toilet and actually eating part of one, they would have been remiss not to have looked into his hijinks.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    When would you issue a search warrant and when would you just subpoena the documents?

What kind of sentence did Sandy Berger get when they caught him with those documents down his pants? I’m pretty sure you lose your clearances after something like that. I would like Trump to be caught with something bad enough to torpedo any future candidacy and start purging the populists so the GOP can become conservative again.
    Looks like the subpoena was this spring ....
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...cuments-source

Hopefully, trump will be eliminated in future bids for any public office.... and some semblance of both parties being able to work together again. This polarization is not to the benefit of the country. Hopefully, it is not too late.

Since when did Trump et al show any respect for subpoenas?

"I would like Trump to be caught with something bad enough to torpedo any future candidacy and start purging the populists so the GOP can become conservative again."

Oh, but haven't you heard? The MAGA crowd is now gearing up for a civil war. Sigh.

I heard about some important Kim Jung-un letters on eBay by some user name, Donnie45. Something about rocket technology (joking).

I sounds like Merrick Garland is taking "the buck stops here" sign off for the search warrant, so maybe it will take the heat off of Wray and the other FBI people who have had threats of violence from the extremists. One news report I saw said Garland would not reveal the warrant details if Trump would ask him not to. Interesting play.

Thread Information