Page 76 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Oh, and I just double-checked the list, we're also an "Immigration Sanctuary County".
    Perhaps the Governor of Texas or Florida can help you out with a few busloads (free shipping!). What a great virtue demonstration that would be. Why should Martha’s Vineyard get all the glory?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Perhaps the Governor of Texas or Florida can help you out with a few busloads (free shipping!). What a great virtue demonstration that would be. Why should Martha’s Vineyard get all the glory?

Our president has encouraged illegal aliens in our country with his policies. That is yet another reason not to vote for him.
    If I was employed by him I would not be allowed to use the term “illegal alien “but since I am not in his employment, I can say whatever I like. At the moment, anyway,

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/22/u...cord-high.html
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-15-22 at 6:28pm.

At the moment, most of our under-the-radar immigrants here come in from Canada, which is an easy row on a foggy night.

Since the 1800s, this has been a human-trafficking route, due to being right on the border and having plenty of natural advantages to nautical smuggling. (On edit: and well before the 1800s - the Haida used to raid the area regularly to take slaves.)

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I bet you are relieved people put time and effort into the first two extremely important items.
    See, you think you are joking, but you wouldn't believe how much energy was spent on those two.

For instance, the initial attempts at the "Nuclear Free Zone" legislation would have prevented smoke detectors, some medical diagnostic equipment, and some of the toys I have in my lab from being allowed. And would have eliminated the possibility of ever installing one of the clever new micro-nuclear power generation facilities. Meanwhile, functioning nuclear reactors and live nuclear weapons transit our county waters almost every day.

(I'm also pretty sure birds from the mainland manage to bring over GMO seeds in their travels, as they don't have to deal with the checkpoint....)

At the moment, most of our under-the-radar immigrants here come in from Canada, which is an easy row on a foggy night.

Since the 1800s, this has been a human-trafficking route, due to being right on the border and having plenty of natural advantages to nautical smuggling. (On edit: and well before the 1800s - the Haida used to raid the area regularly to take slaves.)
    You don’t need to worry about that anymore. I hear VP Harris has declared the southern border secure. I’m sure she can do the same for you.

No one is encouraging illegal immigration--unless you consider humane treatment of humans seeking asylum "encouraging." Many people have pointed out that our border policy hasn't much changed from the Trump/Miller regime, but that doesn't get through the haze of misinformation. We need to robustly fund agencies overseeing immigration, that's for sure.

"However, the accusation of open borders under Democrats holds little weight. The Biden administration has so far admitted the lowest number of refugees in the history of the U.S. refugee program. According to the latest numbers from the U.S. State Department, since 2020, the U.S. has admitted only around 11,000 refugees per year, and that number has barely fluctuated." (Snopes)

See, you think you are joking, but you wouldn't believe how much energy was spent on those two.

For instance, the initial attempts at the "Nuclear Free Zone" legislation would have prevented smoke detectors, some medical diagnostic equipment, and some of the toys I have in my lab from being allowed. And would have eliminated the possibility of ever installing one of the clever new micro-nuclear power generation facilities. Meanwhile, functioning nuclear reactors and live nuclear weapons transit our county waters almost every day.

(I'm also pretty sure birds from the mainland manage to bring over GMO seeds in their travels, as they don't have to deal with the checkpoint....)
    I don’t think she was joking.

You would think there would be little fall out of a Reproductive Rights Sanctuary City like Saint Louis, but the Catholic Church had some real issues with it because they thought it hampered their ability to hire employees and do a couple of other things perhaps. I don’t know how that worked out. It was just dumb. But I think the ?status of our city still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    No one is encouraging illegal immigration--unless you consider humane treatment of humans seeking asylum "encouraging." Many people have pointed out that our border policy hasn't much changed from the Trump/Miller regime, but that doesn't get through the haze of misinformation. We need to robustly fund agencies overseeing immigration, that's for sure.

"However, the accusation of open borders under Democrats holds little weight. The Biden administration has so far admitted the lowest number of refugees in the history of the U.S. refugee program. According to the latest numbers from the U.S. State Department, since 2020, the U.S. has admitted only around 11,000 refugees per year, and that number has barely fluctuated." (Snopes)
    What then is Daddy Joe doing to encorage more illegal border crossings? I was just this moment reading a headline from New York Times that says this problem is at record high. I don’t have an NYT subscription but I can read the headline.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/22/u...cord-high.html

I believe you’re mixing up concepts. “refugees” are a specific immigration status of persons entering our borders. Those are not the illegals who cross from Mexico, necessarily.

There was a cartoon circulating around the USAF back in the eighties. A group of Soviet generals in a bunker are sitting around a table, and one is saying to the others “No comrades, targeting Chicago isn’t an option. They’re a nuclear free zone.”

And yet I still prefer Johnson over Mandela Barnes, who in addition to the usual menu of left wing foolishness is a bit of a tax deadbeat himself.
    Neither Johnson or Barnes would be my choice. This is a choice between the best of 2 evils. I would NEVER consider trump's minions such as mega republican traitor johnson or nutjob Michels. How you can vote for someone who tried to overturn the government ... it is beyond comprehension.

Thread Information