Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 906

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

  1. #441
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,315
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Who's to say if some of his guests happened to get pics on their cell phone? Some of the documents were oh so conveniently kept in a storage area next to the pool.
    unlocked

  2. #442
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,749
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    In this case you chose THE trump loyalist (and traitor) who tried to get fake electors to Pence. The purpose was to keep trump in power. How does this NOT make you a trumpist? You yourself stated, you like to see the world through rosy glasses. Enough already.
    Rosy as in MAGA red? Turning a blind eye to encroaching authoritarianism is, at best, irresponsible.

  3. #443
    Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,836
    What was he planning to do with boxes of government information?

    We were in Palm beach and everyone here must realize it is not a secure facility at all. A main street goes right next to the fence. There is a large service/ delivery gate on that side that was wide open when we drove by. One side of the property is open to the bay.

    When I went to a civilian area of the pentagon pre 9/11 they wanted my name, SS #, ID and our escort had to be with us at all times. Who knows who wandered in and out of Mar a Largo as guests, workers etc. Risky business.

  4. #444
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,839
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    What was he planning to do with boxes of government information?

    We were in Palm beach and everyone here must realize it is not a secure facility at all. A main street goes right next to the fence. There is a large service/ delivery gate on that side that was wide open when we drove by. One side of the property is open to the bay.

    When I went to a civilian area of the pentagon pre 9/11 they wanted my name, SS #, ID and our escort had to be with us at all times. Who knows who wandered in and out of Mar a Largo as guests, workers etc. Risky business.
    A SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility) can be as simple as a secure room with appropriate access controls. I'm guessing news reports of investigators earlier this year insisting upon a higher security lock on the storage room where documents were stored may have satisfied the basic requirements for storing confidential information.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  5. #445
    Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    A SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility) can be as simple as a secure room with appropriate access controls. I'm guessing news reports of investigators earlier this year insisting upon a higher security lock on the storage room where documents were stored may have satisfied the basic requirements for storing confidential information.
    Why did he have them in his home?

  6. #446
    Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    A SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility) can be as simple as a secure room with appropriate access controls. I'm guessing news reports of investigators earlier this year insisting upon a higher security lock on the storage room where documents were stored may have satisfied the basic requirements for storing confidential information.
    The GSA actually has strict requirements for a SCIF.
    https://www.gsa.gov

  7. #447
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,839
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Why did he have them in his home?
    Lots of high ranking government officials have SCIF's in their residence. I'm guessing some portion of Mar a Lago was designated as a SCIF while he was in office.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #448
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,839
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    The GSA actually has strict requirements for a SCIF.
    https://www.gsa.gov
    I know. I set up the required security measures for one after hurricane Katrina destroyed a previous one. They mostly deal with approved physical access control methods, secure communications and regulations having to do with visitors and reproduction devices.


    Edited to add: Just out of curiosity I spent a few seconds googling and discovered that there is/was one at Mar-a-Lago. What Is a SCIF and Who Uses It? (nbcnews.com)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  9. #449
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Lots of high ranking government officials have SCIF's in their residence. I'm guessing some portion of Mar a Lago was designated as a SCIF while he was in office.
    Interesting thought that I've not heard before. I'm thinking he could legitimately plead ignorance and say he didn't know what was in the boxes? It does beg to ask why he didn't just turn them over with the initial request months ago. My guess is that he was just being a contrary jerk.

  10. #450
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Lots of high ranking government officials have SCIF's in their residence. I'm guessing some portion of Mar a Lago was designated as a SCIF while he was in office.
    But why would an ex government official have these records in their home? Its not like anyone from the biden administration would be discussing foreign policy with this buffoon. Not to mention that he stole the stuff and then refused to give it back. Rational people understand that he likely thought he could monetize it. If you can come up with a more logical reason for why he stole it and refused to give it back when asked nicely Id love to hear it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •